House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Recognizing The Disparate Impact Of Climate Change On Women And The Efforts Of Women Globally To Address Climate Change

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/29/text

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early         marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health;

Whereas food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early         marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health;

Whereas, despite a unique capacity and knowledge to promote and provide for         adaptation to climate change, women often have insufficient resources to         undertake such adaptation;Whereas women are shown to have a multiplier effect by using their income and         resources, when given the necessary tools, to increase the well being of         their children and families, and thus play a critical role in reducing         food insecurity, poverty, and socioeconomic effects of climate change;         andWhereas women are often underrepresented in the development and formulation of         policy regarding adaptation to climate change, even though they are         often in the best position to provide and consult on adaptive         strategies: Now, therefore, be it    Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That Congress--            (1) recognizes the disparate impacts of climate change on         women and the efforts of women globally to address climate         change;            (2) encourages the use of gender-sensitive frameworks in         developing policies to address climate change, which account         for the specific impacts of climate change on women;            (3) recognizes the need for balanced participation of men         and women in climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts,         including in governance positions;            (4) affirms its commitment to support women who are         particularly vulnerable to climate change impacts to prepare         for, build their resilience, and adapt to those impacts,         including a commitment to increase education and training         opportunities for women to develop local resilience plans to         address the effects of climate change;            (5) affirms its commitment to empower women to have a voice         in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of         strategies to address climate change so that their roles and         resources are taken into account;            (6) affirms the commitment to include women in economic         development planning, policies, and practices that directly         improve conditions that result from climate change; and            (7) encourages the President to--                    (A) integrate a gender approach in all policies and                 programs in the United States that are globally related                 to climate change; and                    ( ensure that those policies and programs support                 women globally to prepare for, build resilience for,                 and adapt to climate change.

Is the last one claiming that women are best placed to solve climate change?

Early marriage increases the risk of STI's?? Anyone explain that one?

I like the "when given the necessary tools" bit.

I know I am twisting the words but it makes it sound as if they are supposedly incapable of developing tools by themselves.

That seems to be the general thrust of feminism today.

I've never been in the least bit anti-women (plenty Right wing in other areas though!), but the sum total of 3rd wave feminism seems to be to convince men women are pathetic creatures who can't achieve anything absent of government putting it on a plate for them.

Is the last one claiming that women are best placed to solve climate change?

No, it is claiming they are best placed to assist in the implementation of adaptation policies and practices. Would it be snobby of me to observe that you don't appear to understand the difference between adaptation and mitigation or the context of the resolution? I am curious as to why you started a thread on it.

Early marriage increases the risk of STI's?? Anyone explain that one?

It is poorly phrased. The sex work is the one that would lead to STIs, early marriage would lead to poor reproductive health. Basically the resolution is trying to bundle sex work, transactional sex and early marriage together, which doesn't really work.

No, it is claiming they are best placed to assist in the implementation of adaptation policies and practices. Would it be snobby of me to observe that you don't appear to understand the difference between adaptation and mitigation or the context of the resolution? I am curious as to why you started a thread on it.

It is poorly phrased. The sex work is the one that would lead to STIs, early marriage would lead to poor reproductive health. Basically the resolution is trying to bundle sex work, transactional sex and early marriage together, which doesn't really work.

Because it's written in pure management speak bu115h1t mode. Or do you think it's written in plain English?

Whereas conflict has a disproportionate impact on the most vulnerable populations including women, and is fueled in the world's poorest regions by harsher climate, leading to migration, refugee crises, and conflicts over scarce natural resources including land and water;

I'm glad she pointed this out I just thought it would all be men.

Guest eight

No, it is claiming they are best placed to assist in the implementation of adaptation policies and practices.

I had to adapt to the outside temperatures this week by putting the heating on. And I'm a bloke.

Its the doublethink/cognitive dissonance inherent in lefty social engineering types...for example, they spend half their time saying under the skin we're all the same, race, gender, sexuality, none of this is relevant. Women and men are equally capable.

And yet at the same time, they demand companies embrace this diversity because the diversity enables said companies to be more successful.

Clearly, if we were all the same, it wouldnt matter if somewhere was 100% male, 50% male or 1% male. The results would always be the same because the inputs are. Demographic diversity wouldnt be bad or good, simply irrelevant.

Of course...they don't believe this for a minute, otherwise they'd be campaigning as hard to get more men into teaching and the care industry as they are about getting more women into engineering. They know damn well the genetic makeup of the majority of men means they're less suited to caring.

Some women will be fantastic engineers, granted, some men fantastic carers, but 50/50 in every industry...?? Its the kind of duplicitous f*cked up nonsense that can only come from politicians with hidden motives.

Worked perfectly well for my imaginary aunt and uncle!

I imagine that you are the imaginary result.

I had to adapt to the outside temperatures this week by putting the heating on. And I'm a bloke.

Yes but as a bloke I bet you made sure you had the windows closed first unlike a number of women I have known!

An

There's been a bit of fuss at the NUS meeting this year because of a feminist motion saying that gays should stop culturally appropriating the language of black women with phrases like, "Bitch please!"

Are black women bitches then?