House Price Crash Forum

Snp - Will Take Control As Labour Are Muppets

South Lorne

HOLA441
HOLA442

"Westminster needs to change. To be more responsive to the needs and demands of ordinary people, wherever they are in the UK.

Sounds good so set out all the details along with a timetable - rather than just waffle.

UK people have heard all of the waffle countless times - the result being that nothing changes and things just get worse.

Edited by billybong

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I actually think the SNP being in charge would be a much better thing.

They cannot be any worse than the incompetent bunch of fools we are currently dealing with, they do seem to care about their populace.

..just scotland,that is.

the rest of you sassenachs can go swing.

truth is, we now need a proper federal system,based on US Constitutional law.(for england,scotland,wales and ireland)

it would mean greater autonomy for all with respect to taxation/state governance....and we can all have slightly different customs and codes that can be respected, but when it comes to important stuff like defence and emergency preparedness we need to stick together.

in fact, what we need is a fully federal system between UK, the US and canada.

it's important as mega corps now command budgets bigger than many countries, so need to be held to account if there is sharp practice.

the EU wants this, but their version is a bismarck style holy roman empire 2.0 governed under canon law, that is utterly unacceptable to us...so we have to form our own bloc with our own customs.

wish them well,bid them arevoir and auf wiedersehen,but we don't like your club rules...and we certainly won't be stepping in,in any more fights you pick...it'll be your mess to clear up.

similarly, I can see greece and cyprus doing similar with russia.shouldn't really be a problem.

Edited by oracle

HOLA447

If anyone thinks the Scottish parliament is any better than Westminster they may be in for a surprise. Same shit - different location.

The SNP are puritanicals. The classic 'we know what's good for you' party. Horrendous.

HOLA448

If anyone thinks the Scottish parliament is any better than Westminster they may be in for a surprise. Same shit - different location.

The SNP are puritanicals. The classic 'we know what's good for you' party. Horrendous.

Has to be better than the Tory party who know what's good for you and then do the opposite and use your money to do it.

Chaos is the only way to a speedy HPC thus i hope for a LAB/SNP/Plaid Cmyru coalition.

Worst outcome for first time buyers is for Dave and Gidiot to be anywhere near Downing Street come May/June.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If they do take control it's to be hoped they then don't just do a Libdem/LibLabCon and renege and load people up with more and more debt and settle themselves in for a cosy 5 years with gold plated pension rights, sinecure jobs, seat in the Lords and etc etc at the end of it.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411

Sounds good to me.

It has sounded good to labour voters for decades, but 'my Lords' are still there....

Expanding on billybong's post, it will be the making, or breaking, of the SNP, if they are in the position to be kingmakers. The beauty of not being in a full coalition is that they can vote with the government if they feel it is right for Scotland, and against them if not. And, of course, the tories can vote with labour to force through anything they like, that the SNP don't.

Either way, the SNP win in Scotland because of the hatred of the tories that is passed on from parent to child, in some parts of the country.

If they just knuckle under, and are assimilated into the Westminster monster, then they lose a helluva lot of votes North of the border. Including mine.

HOLA4412

It has sounded good to labour voters for decades, but 'my Lords' are still there....

Expanding on billybong's post, it will be the making, or breaking, of the SNP, if they are in the position to be kingmakers. The beauty of not being in a full coalition is that they can vote with the government if they feel it is right for Scotland, and against them if not. And, of course, the tories can vote with labour to force through anything they like, that the SNP don't.

Either way, the SNP win in Scotland because of the hatred of the tories that is passed on from parent to child, in some parts of the country.

If they just knuckle under, and are assimilated into the Westminster monster, then they lose a helluva lot of votes North of the border. Including mine.

I think Sturgeon's speech suggest she gets it. There's a big opportunity for the SNP to lead a UK wide push for serious constitutional reform but they will need to build alliances with like-minded people outside Scotland and not just see Scotish independence as the only acceptable endpoint.

HOLA4413

Of course you would say that being a unionist no but.

• 46 per cent of people thought the Scottish Government was ‘very good’ or ‘quite good’ at listening to people’s views, compared to 21 per cent who said the same of the UK Government.

Source: http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/Trust-in-Scottish-Government-higher-than-UK-dfe.aspx

HOLA4414

I think Sturgeon's speech suggest she gets it. There's a big opportunity for the SNP to lead a UK wide push for serious constitutional reform but they will need to build alliances with like-minded people outside Scotland and not just see Scotish independence as the only acceptable endpoint.

Agreed, and the tone of the GE has been exactly that. I saw Hosie on the news this morning saying exactly that.

He refused to comment on the results of the Scottish election in 2016 however....

HOLA4415
truth is, we now need a proper federal system,based on US Constitutional law.(for england,scotland,wales and ireland)

it would mean greater autonomy for all with respect to taxation/state governance....and we can all have slightly different customs and codes that can be respected, but when it comes to important stuff like defence and emergency preparedness we need to stick together.

Scotland was promised full home rule in the days before the referendum. Of course unionist promises mean nothing and people who voted no believing those promises are gullible at best.