House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dpg50000

Are We Sure There's A General Election Coming?

Now I'll be the first to admit, I don't watch much state propaganda, sorry telly, and maybe a lot is being done there. But even so, I've been amazed by the complete lack of leaflets through the door from MP's, no-one has been canvassing etc., etc.

Is this the same for everyone? To be honest, if I was representing a mainstream party, it's pretty unlikely I'd want to risk voters wrath, bearing in mind the massive discrepancy between the propaganda being pushed about the recovery, and the reality of life on the ground.

I live in a seat the Lib Dems are desperate to retain. I must have had 15 separate leaflets in the past 6 weeks. None of them prominently say Lib Dem just say that only Julian Huppert can stop Ed Miliband's candidate winning. Patheticly personal with nothing about what they want to achieve.

I watched those 2 dumplings that aspire to be the next PM , on TV last night.

I won't be watching any more of the "debates" or political shows - truly dreadful performances from both.

I'm glad I emigrated years ago.

I live in a seat the Lib Dems are desperate to retain. I must have had 15 separate leaflets in the past 6 weeks. None of them prominently say Lib Dem just say that only Julian Huppert can stop Ed Miliband's candidate winning. Patheticly personal with nothing about what they want to achieve.

Same. Same every election. Nothing from liebour (tory area) maybe 1 from the tories, if they can be bothered, endless lib dem leaflets.

Given they drop the same leaflet through about half a dozen times, it doesnt say much about lib dem planning and efficiency. Sending leaflet-ers to the same houses several times...what waste! Why would anyone vote for anyone who cant even co-ordinate an efficient campaign, let alone an efficient government.

I won't be watching any more of the "debates" or political shows - truly dreadful performances from both.

Where to?!

Is there some promised land where politicians don't roam free, where they are rightly spat at, kicked and punched should they start trying to 'govern' or control?

To be fair though, on a personal level, I do prefer Huppert to Zeichner.

If you watched the 2010 hustings, Zeichner made Bliar look honest and un-slimy. It was quite funny watching him try and get the student vote, say he was against top up fees and attempt to present the grad tax as completely different.

Its probably the only situation id vote lib dem, but i'd keep zeichner out at any cost.

I can see you moved to the South of France. Are you working there or retired? Any details on life there would be great. I'm about 18 months from FI and optional Early Retirement at age 44. Currently thinking of Malta but also still assessing other EU countries. I haven't spent much time in France yet so know very little.

My guess is that none of them really want to win a GE because they know what's coming?

That was said many times last time. I don't buy it. They want power and the chance to feather their nests. Being at the helm when the economy implodes does not faze them.

That was said many times last time. I don't buy it. They want power and the chance to feather their nests. Being at the helm when the economy implodes does not faze them.

Except there's no-one really steering. The pols know even less about economics than the professional idiots at the Treasury and the Bank from whom they seek advice.

A better question....do we really have democracy ?

I believe there was a national TV channel last night already deciding the election was already down to 1 of 2 men.

So much for voting.

I want neither of those people ( or parties ) in control of my destiny.

Forget freedom for Scotland, maybe we need freedom for England.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Exactly. Think I've heard that claim at least twice twice on HPC forums for elections....

Its a Win Win WIn situation for anyone who gets the keys to Number 10 / 11, no matter what a mess they make of the country.

Remember, the real rewards come AFTER office.

Except there's no-one really steering. The pols know even less about economics than the professional idiots at the Treasury and the Bank from whom they seek advice.

I'm not sure they realise that, though.

I've received loads of leaflets from Labour and Tories. Labour are pushing the NHS and other key issues.

The Tories are lying outright with outrageous claims about the economy being wrecked, more borrowing and less jobs under Labour.

Funny how they never mention that Osbooune has borrowed more than every Labour chancellor combined, whilst claiming he's fixed the economy and has reigned in public spending. You couldn't make it up.

I called out a Tory activist on the austerity hoax public borrowing. Her response was that the 'deficit was down' and the 'national debt was gone'. Again, you couldn't make it up.

You can't expect a former drug user towel folder and a scandal whitewasher Media PR to run the country successfully.

There is and i for one am looking forward to the chaos that will hopefully ensue. That said i am certainly not going to bother to watch or listen to any of the bs prior to the results after which i will hopefully be taking great pleasure in watching the wailing and gnashing of teeth as the Scottish nationalists tear Westminster politics a new one :D:D:D

My guess is that none of them really want to win a GE because they know what's coming?

Why, what is coming? Probably just more of the same, keep the can kicking. They can keep doing it forever it seems.

There is and i for one am looking forward to the chaos that will hopefully ensue. That said i am certainly not going to bother to watch or listen to any of the bs prior to the results after which i will hopefully be taking great pleasure in watching the wailing and gnashing of teeth as the Scottish nationalists tear Westminster politics a new one :D:D:D

That makes 2 of us.

Why, what is coming? Probably just more of the same, keep the can kicking. They can keep doing it forever it seems.

All the time they're kicking the can the UK people are on average getting poorer and poorer bit by bit compared to the past. Without the debt it would be far more evident.

It's relatively gradual so far and some seem to not even notice.

Edited by billybong

Our labour lot do one a month or two before the election campaign cos it doesn't count towards expenses.

Stuff through the door has got less and less over the years.

Now I'll be the first to admit, I don't watch much state propaganda, sorry telly, and maybe a lot is being done there. But even so, I've been amazed by the complete lack of leaflets through the door from MP's, no-one has been canvassing etc., etc.

Is this the same for everyone? To be honest, if I was representing a mainstream party, it's pretty unlikely I'd want to risk voters wrath, bearing in mind the massive discrepancy between the propaganda being pushed about the recovery, and the reality of life on the ground.

You likely live in a safe seat then.