House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

I Wish We'd Introduced Help To Buy Earlier - Cameron

I wish we'd introduced Help to Buy earlier, said Cameron last night (Sky, Channel 4 interviews) in response to a question from the audience asking if he had any regrets.

Thats because he is a free marketeer.

I had to turn over when the audience started asking questions, it truly was pathetic.

His pals in house building and property development must have been complaining/lobbying to him about setting up Help to Buy (Sell) from the moment he stepped into 10 Downing Street in 2010. That's why he wishes he'd introduced it earlier.

The timing had to be "right" for the 2015 general election though.

It's clear he will be leaning heavily on the propaganda "benefits" of H to B in the lead up to the general election.

Edited by billybong

Is it actually a popular policy? Everyone I know thinks it is a terrible idea...

Interesting

I wonder if it is particularly popular with monied boomers. Keeps house prices high, but also gives just enough help to allow their kids to buy with a lot of parental help.

Anyway you shiny faced d1ck, DC, f#ck off

Interesting

I wonder if it is particularly popular with monied boomers. Keeps house prices high, but also gives just enough help to allow their kids to buy with a lot of parental help.

Anyway you shiny faced d1ck, DC, f#ck off

Most boomers haven't got a clue about such policy, they're in their own little bubble.

But it shows everyone on here ought to be desperate to get rid of the Tory and Lib Dems.

I came away from it probably voting Labour as well.

Reason? I hate them (I hate all politicians to be frank), but Ed Milliband is best hope of keeping another shiny Blairite/Cameron type out of office.

He seems to have made the mistake of being a passionate politician and not just out to line his pockets and those of his mates.

Silly boy.

I do think the Tories basing half their campaign on highlighting Millis incompetence might backfire though. He did well last night I thought.

Like comedy, good politics is timing. The particularly immoral Help to Buy schemes do not address the problem of overpriced housing but give the impression to the naive of 'helping' in a world of house prices only ever go up. That we have a bunch of politicians of all parties that think this is a good thing and actively peruse policies to this end it is breathtaking in its stupidity.

The Tories had a chance to hit the reset button in 2010. They failed us.

I seem to remember this statement about wishing he had introduced it earlier being followed by an explanation that it was because a strong economy is important, which I read as an admission that either he introduced it to stimulate the economy by pumping house prices (as opposed to his declared intention to 'help' people priced out), or that the scheme has stimulated the economy by pumping house prices (which he otherwise denies).

Content aside, I am puzzled why anybody would think Miliband had a good night. It was embarrassing. First we got the Nick Clegg walk, over interest in people's names and manic hand gestures. So choreographed and arranged it was painful. And Clegg does it a whole lot more relaxed not a rabbit caught in the headlights. We also got the angry petulant Milibot compared to a fairly humble relaxed Cameron.

The end summed it up after Miliband thought the interview was over...Paxman...''Are you OK Ed?'' ''Yeah are you'' (in sheer anger).

It won't influence my vote, which might still be Labour. However, anybody would have made a better PM than this bloke.

Edited by crashmonitor

If those numbers prove to be correct an SNP/Labour coalition and a Tory/LIB coalition wouldn't be enough to form a majority government.

This is exactly what we need to create chaos.

Classic interview technique. His failure was not to have introduced this great idea sooner. Only problem the policy he rates so highly is a bag of $hite.

Not that different to the growing debt pile....what starts as a little help ends up meaning that more and more help will be forever required.....soon no life will be possible without help from the big state....completely state dependant, all independant individual power removed....end game.

I think Milliband and Labour are not doing to bad considering that the constant media bullying of Milliband over the past couple of years. People in the media certainly seem riled by his proposed policies (e.g. mansion tax), which suggests he is getting something right.

If those numbers prove to be correct an SNP/Labour coalition and a Tory/LIB coalition wouldn't be enough to form a majority government.

This is exactly what we need to create chaos.

Indeed. So some sort of confidence supply &/or Tory/Labour arrangement to keep SNP out. Kippers an irrelevance.

Indeed. So some sort of confidence supply &/or Tory/Labour arrangement to keep SNP out. Kippers an irrelevance.

Then why do the Tories and Labour fear them so much. If enough of us vote UKIP we may be pleasantly surprised.

I think Milliband and Labour are not doing to bad considering that the constant media bullying of Milliband over the past couple of years. People in the media certainly seem riled by his proposed policies (e.g. mansion tax), which suggests he is getting something right.

Have to say that Paxman looked biased to me, he seemed to give Cameron an easy ride and absolutely not the case with Miliband. There appeared to be a lot of hate and enmity right to the final exchanges after Milibot thought the shoot was over.

Still his angry man petulance doesn't play well with me. This guy has got to represent the country.

Think the audience was a bit shocked at Paxman's nastiness and may be Miliband ended up with a bit of a sympathy vote.

Edited by crashmonitor

Have to say that Paxman looked biased to me, he seemed to give Cameron an easy ride and absolutely not the case with Miliband. There appeared to be a lot of hate and enmity right to the final exchanges after Milibot thought the shoot was over.

Still his angry man petulance doesn't play well with me. This guy has got to represent the country.

Think the audience was a bit shocked at Paxman's nastiness and may be Miliband ended up with a bit of a sympathy vote.

Paxmans always over rated in his questioning, in that his mocking stance never gets an answer.

Last night seemed to be about personal attacks as opposed to deciphering policy.