House Price Crash Forum
Bill D'arblay

Are Landlords Becoming Overtly Racist Again?

Looking for a room in Feltham, these are typical adverts;

Double room available in a clean and quiet house in a safe locality. Room is newly refurbished with new bed, mattress and large wardrobe. Looking for a Single professional ##Indian only##.

DOUBLE ROOM FOR SINGLE PERSON- polish male FELTHAM

Is this very common? Is it legal? As someone who was born here, am I now officially Stateless?

Double room available in a clean and quiet house in a safe locality. Room is newly refurbished with new bed, mattress and large wardrobe. Looking for a Single professional ##Indian only##.

Is this very common? Is it legal? As someone who was born here, am I now officially Stateless?

As far as I'm aware it is NOT legal

Why would anyone even consider renting from such landlords? I am just picturing the crummy 1 bed studio, matrasse in the living room next to the stove, and a riff-raff live-in landlord thinking he's living the high life in up-coming Walthamstow or trendy Hounslow.

To be honest it saves wasting your time, but i personally think these people ought to f off out the country if they don't like the indigenous natives.

I turned up with my 2 year old daughter to view some rental property and one boomer wouldn't let me through the door as i had a child.

Lots of people i spoke to on the phone werent willing to rent with a child.

People in general are nasty once they've got a slightly bigger share of the pie than others.

To be honest it saves wasting your time, but i personally think these people ought to f off out the country if they don't like the indigenous natives.

I turned up with my 2 year old daughter to view some rental property and one boomer wouldn't let me through the door as i had a child.

Lots of people i spoke to on the phone werent willing to rent with a child.

People in general are nasty once they've got a slightly bigger share of the pie than others.

I agree, somewhat. It must have been really bad for West Indians and Asians after the Race relations came in 1970s - it's the knowing but not knowing - awful. To be fair I also get that 50+ looking for jobs..

As for the Landlords - nasty yes, "No Pets, No kids, no DSS".

Did the thick as sh1t pigs never realise that the DSS hasn't existed for a generation?

I agree, somewhat. It must have been really bad for West Indians and Asians after the Race relations came in 1970s - it's the knowing but not knowing - awful. To be fair I also get that 50+ looking for jobs..

As for the Landlords - nasty yes, "No Pets, No kids, no DSS".

Did the thick as sh1t pigs never realise that the DSS hasn't existed for a generation?

Irony is the place i did rent was previously let to prim and proper nursing students and i ended up decorating it and steam cleaning the floors as they were utterly filthy ... and then upon leaving the landlord wanted to charge me £800 as there were stains on the paintwork where i hadnt painted due to running out of paint and the cigarette burns on the carpets that the nurses had done. (i don't even smoke)

Oh the joys of renting.

Watching these vile ******s trying to eek out a living in the market without there BTL or rooms to rent, forcing them out into a brutal jobs market and atrocious benefits system Will be worth every bit of a catastrophic HPC.

Even if I owned a house I would just take the hit so I could watch tit for shits and giggles.

I know so many propertee types living off the backs of people smarter, harder working and more capable.

It's most likely a house that has a whole bunch of Polish blokes living in it and it's "one out, another one in" - wouldn't surprise me if it's 2 or 3 adults on the council tax bill, 6 living in the property kind of thing.

Ive seen this a lot in hounslow, indian family only etc

Being pragmatic i guess it saves time wasting and to be fair a decent amount of the indigenous population of these areas are junkies, alcholics and most likely unemployable. It truly is a dire area.

I have to live in these areas as im priced out of the private rentals in the area i grew up, the joy of paying your own way in this country means a standard of living lower than most of the benefit/council housed relatives and friends i know.

Must seem like a case of back to the future for anyone of Afro-Caribbean descent.

It's most likely a house that has a whole bunch of Polish blokes living in it and it's "one out, another one in" - wouldn't surprise me if it's 2 or 3 adults on the council tax bill, 6 living in the property kind of thing.

Council tax is the same whether its 2 or 20... the only 'discount' is for single occupancy.

At least if they are overt it saves people going and being rejected anyway... can imagine the hate if you placed an advert 'whites only' though!

Multi-culturalism in action - overt racism of minorities against the majority, anti-democtractic involvement of 'community leaders' in local government and policing, sharia courts, closed communities, preserved language barriers, stone age intolerance of diversity tolerated in the name of diversity.

An absolute abject failure. White Brits are becoming less and less tolerant too - it will all blow up at some point if we're not careful.

Guest eight

.. can imagine the hate if you placed an advert 'whites only' though!

Well I've never met a Pole who wasn't white.

But if it was "white male wanted", the police/pc lot would be out screaming racism/sexism before you can say UKIP.

Vested Interests can put a spin on racism/sexism any which way. For example, on the radio yesterday, a female football agent was saying how specifically promoting home-grown football players is active discrimination against non-UK EU players. On the other hand, today on the radio I hear it's necessary and "right" for female quotas in boardroom positions. Everything is spun these days for vested interests. Discrimination (positive or negative) is arbitrarily decided by a group who have power to shape opinion, and that their decision always benefits them. Nothing to do whatsoever with ethics or morality.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

Vested Interests can put a spin on racism/sexism any which way. For example, on the radio yesterday, a female football agent was saying how specifically promoting home-grown football players is active discrimination against non-UK EU players. On the other hand, today on the radio I hear it's necessary and "right" for female quotas in boardroom positions. Everything is spun these days for vested interests. Discrimination (positive or negative) is arbitrarily decided by a group who have power to shape opinion, and that their decision always benefits them. Nothing to do whatsoever with ethics or morality.

People who work for all these 'forums' and 'groups' are never going to admit there isn't a huge problem anymore - and their jobs are now surplus to requirements.

Its the fact these people are given such power and space in the media/Government that does my nut in. If they want to talk nonsense that's up to them. Leave me out of it.

If you ever get into a debate with one of these sorts - two examples below to bring up:

(1) Women don't earn as much as men = That's only for full time wages - for part time wages - women earn more. Why are you not campaigning to 'even this up' ?

(2) Not enough black football managers in line with population = Well if you are going to use that logic - there are far too many black footballers. Why are you not campaigning to 'even this up' ?

Its just all ********.

Maybe the same programme when they were claiming that England's going to win the 2022 World Cup - not enough room on the page for the laugh emoticons.

(1) Women don't earn as much as men

There's a good answer to that one, that doesn't involve arguable lifestyle things like part-time working or career breaks.

Look at the pay gap between taller and shorter men. Four inches of height is worth more than the average difference between men and women. Therefore the same statistics that show the pay gap also indicate that the average woman gets paid more than the average man of the same height.

We can speculate on reasons for that (maybe shorties get the discrimination but lack the "corrective" action that favours women). But we don't need any speculation to infer that it's oversimplistic and wrong to infer that "the pay gap" implies discrimination - even indirect discrimination - against women.

As far as I'm aware it is NOT legal

I think it is legal as its not a business and so not covered by race relations stuff. If you are renting out a whole house It probably would be illegal, but just a room, I doubt it.

Same with buying and selling a property. Barratts cant have a 'we wont sell to whatever race' policy, you as an individual, not a business, can sell your house to only a certain race of people, should you choose to.

You can still lose your job through it.

At least one footie pundit lost their job with just one slip up over a single word.

Apparently there was no case for unfair dismissal - or at least none reported.

Edited by billybong

Agreed.

Watching these vile ******s trying to eek out a living in the market without there BTL or rooms to rent, forcing them out into a brutal jobs market and atrocious benefits system Will be worth every bit of a catastrophic HPC.

Even if I owned a house I would just take the hit so I could watch tit for shits and giggles.

I know so many propertee types living off the backs of people smarter, harder working and more capable.