House Price Crash Forum
Fully Detached

Auntie Advises 20 Year Olds To Flip To Get On The Ladder

Unbelievable! What really got my goat was when the presenter said, matter of factly, "They plan to sell the house, and with the money they make use it as deposits for their own homes".

There's absolutely no guarantee they'll make any money. They've bought in Preston FFS - the property market here is flatter than a pancake.

Scandalous reporting.

BBC Newsbeat, blatent propertyganda brain washes the youngsters

Tractor House production is up young comrades! lemmings

Yes, all the cliches / memes in there, as well as the VI muppet interview. It was like watching a junior version of Homes under the Hammer .

Shame you removed the chimney, as you'll need to burn pallets when the money runs out .

Too much property pron in theschool holidays.

Go back to sleep, Here's 56 channels of property pron..

...you're free to get hooked on a life of debt slavery to the banks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3KwODDzeY

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I'd actually started to think I was being a bit unfair in my criticism of the BBC. I've now changed my mind again. Completely.

Always go with your gut feeling, particularly where the BBC is concerned, just get used to that bilious feeling and unease when being force fed the propaganda.

Edited by JustAnotherProle

From another thread on here ....sound familiar

mattyboy1973, on 19 Mar 2015 - 1:08 PM, said:

It's already the case in Aus that it is far more common now for young people to buy an "investment property" (BTL) and rent it out, rather than buy themselves a home to live in. So everyone's buying BTL's and letting to each other, to take advantage of -ve gearing after a quick 6 months in the property to cash in on the first home buyers grant, of course. Aus property - and the attitude towards it - actually puts us in the shade, which takes some doing. I have no doubt Osborne is looking down under for inspiration..

Thing is these young kids seemed relatively bright and 20/30/40/50 years ago would have made a good life for themselves through working and probably creating a business.

But the LIBLABCON has turned them into property gamblers just so they can buy a house.

From another thread on here ....sound familiar

I wonder how widespread youngsters being used as a kind of proxy BTL'er by their parents is.

Particularly when parents have damaged their own credit report or got into debt up to the hilt, so cannot borrow further.

If you live at home with bankrupt parents , can it damage your credit report?

BBC News Beat Btl

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Thing is these young kids seemed relatively bright and 20/30/40/50 years ago would have made a good life for themselves through working and probably creating a business.

But the LIBLABCON has turned them into property gamblers just so they can buy a house.

Tjhat's the feeling I get. How completely absurd this country has become, where two bright twenty somethings resort to this kind of thing (full of risk as mentioned above) Just to buy a house. And all the nonsnse they are going through is only necessary to keep boomers onside.

And they are right, renting is a dirty word and is being kept that way by the PTB.

I might vote for a party that builds social housing, strictly regulates the rental market, reforms planning and removes all market manipulation of the htb, HISA, type.

And they are right, renting is a dirty word and is being kept that way by the PTB.

Its not such a dirty word just an extremely stressful way to live your life unless you get lucky with a house and landlord. I'm back at my parents with my kid but the last time i rented my little one was 2 and many places we wanted to see wouldn't rent to us due to having a child, one women actually turned us away at the door.

Best thing these kids could do is get out of Britain.

Tjhat's the feeling I get. How completely absurd this country has become, where two bright twenty somethings resort to this kind of thing (full of risk as mentioned above) Just to buy a house. And all the nonsnse they are going through is only necessary to keep boomers onside.

I might vote for a party that builds social housing, strictly regulates the rental market, reforms planning and removes all market manipulation of the htb, HISA, type.

From where i`m sitting none of them will actually do it, some might talk about it just like Dave&Co talked about 200-250K new houses a year in 2010 but only ever delivered a fraction of that number

The only way any party could actually reliably achieve their promises would be if they build council houses ,as they would have control over the process and numbers other than that any party are at the mercy of the DEVELOPERS which will do everything to keep their margins as high as possible

From where i`m sitting none of them will actually do it, some might talk about it just like Dave&Co talked about 200-250K new houses a year in 2010 but only ever delivered a fraction of that number

The only way any party could actually reliably achieve their promises would be if they build council houses ,as they would have control over the process and numbers other than that any party are at the mercy of the DEVELOPERS which will do everything to keep their margins as high as possible

I watched Ed Balls on that SKy debate yesterday and he almost blurted out the fact no one is going to build 200,000 homes at the moment as they are too high

At 13.10 He states that peoples wages can't afford in the current market

Maybe a couple of hairy builders might turn a profit occasionally but not likely.

Maybe they`re too shy to come out?

Lol, that did cross my mind :lol:

I think what I found most depressing was the attitude of the two lads. They seemed to feel that unaffordable housing is a straightforward fact of life that cannot be changed, and that therefore the only way to deal with it is to be "clever" and circumvent the problem by speculating. Until kids their age wake up and realise they've been ******ed over and that the brick wall will only stand for as long as they allow it to, nothing is going to change. As someone else points out above, following the aussie method, this could have a long way to run yet.

I watched Ed Balls on that SKy debate yesterday and he almost blurted out the fact no one is going to build 200,000 homes at the moment as they are too high

At 13.10 He states that peoples wages can't afford in the current market

"You can only afford a deposit and a mortgage if the house prices are actually erm, related to your income"

The 'erm' signifies that he either had to think about it, or he understood the implications of what he had started to say.

Unfortunately, the questioning did not pursue the point

"You can only afford a deposit and a mortgage if the house prices are actually erm, related to your income"

The 'erm' signifies that he either had to think about it, or he understood the implications of what he had started to say.

Thats exactly what i thought, his stutter almost led to him giving the game away .... but this time 5 years ago Gidiot and Dave were clearly coming out with the fact that expensive property is bad for the economy and country, and we know where that went.

But at least Balls knows the only way to build 200000 houses in the private sector is for a crash to happen, minor falls in the next 4 years won't enable the lie that labour will let 200,000 houses built happen.

Thats exactly what i thought, his stutter almost led to him giving the game away .... but this time 5 years ago Gidiot and Dave were clearly coming out with the fact that expensive property is bad for the economy and country, and we know where that went.

But at least Balls knows the only way to build 200000 houses in the private sector is for a crash to happen, minor falls in the next 4 years won't enable the lie that labour will let 200,000 houses built happen.

It's off topic, but the style of the Ball's answer to the first questioner was so scripted that it reminded me starkly, of Ed Milibands interview about the Teacher's dispute in which he repeated the same answer ad nauseam. Very Similar.

It's off topic, but the style of the Ball's answer to the first questioner was so scripted that it reminded me starkly, of Ed Milibands interview about the Teacher's dispute in which he repeated the same answer ad nauseam. Very Similar.

Only 6 weeks left, thankfully.

I hate Labour and all they stand for but at this moment in time i'd take them running the show come May, as things really have got that bad imho.

If Labour would commit to building 50000 council houses a year they'd win the election and create some actual difference between them and the Tory party, baring a an actual crash which i bet they'll do everything to avoid its the only way 200,000 houses will get built.

Same as every other politician. Knows theres a problem, but too scared of losing votes if he utters the obvious words 'house prices must fall'

I hate Labour and all they stand for but at this moment in time i'd take them running the show come May, as things really have got that bad imho.

If Labour would commit to building 50000 council houses a year they'd win the election and create some actual difference between them and the Tory party, baring a an actual crash which i bet they'll do everything to avoid its the only way 200,000 houses will get built.

50,000 new council houses to house the 500,000 new immigrant labour voters they'd led in every year. :lol:

I see a problem here.

Lol, that did cross my mind :lol:

I think what I found most depressing was the attitude of the two lads. They seemed to feel that unaffordable housing is a straightforward fact of life that cannot be changed, and that therefore the only way to deal with it is to be "clever" and circumvent the problem by speculating. Until kids their age wake up and realise they've been ******ed over and that the brick wall will only stand for as long as they allow it to, nothing is going to change. As someone else points out above, following the aussie method, this could have a long way to run yet.

If you're 20 then expensive housing is a fact of life. I was 9 on Black Wednesday and I remember it. This generation will have been 9 in 2004 or so - already halfway into Brown's mega-bubble.

This has dragged on so long we may as well write off everyone between the ages of 21 and 35. We're screwed, and even a correction will come too late for us.

At just 50,000 a year across the country, I suspect they will be priced at current local market rates unless something makes those prices unaffordable. And if the latter, then we will have the HPC and the country may start to resolve its many problems. If new builds remain unaffordable they won't be built in the first place. And therein lies the problem that I don't expect either mainstream party to address. You may have to change your name to 'BoneDry'