House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Burial Of Richard 111

I'm really looking forward to the coverage.

No one does this stuff like us Brits. History, dignity, tradition.

Last English king to die in battle.

The return of the King.

I watched a BBC documentary on it where the presenter said, as he walked along, something like 'this mundane car park is an unlikely burial site for a king'

Now I don't have a great deal of expertise in archaeology but, I thought the way it worked was the stuff on top usually tends to be more recent.

I've just buried a Richard the Third at sea from the comfort of my own bathroom.

Isn't living in the space-age marvellous...!

;)

XYY

I've just buried a Richard the Third at sea from the comfort of my own bathroom.

Isn't living in the space-age marvellous...!

;)

XYY

I'll bet you were reading the "Screwfix" catalog. It's not a dirty as it sounds. I'm just up to the verses on "plumbing fixtures". It's better than the Koran or Bible, because you can buy the shit in it right now, and it's delivered tomorrow! What religion can do that? Eh?

Since it's on Channel 4 I'm expecting it to be pretty poor, probably full of "tell us what you think by tweeting hashtag deadkingdick", with try-hard comments from random people being read out live on air during the burial.

Expecteth nothing and verily thou shalt not be disappointed! :rolleyes:

I watched a BBC documentary on it where the presenter said, as he walked along, something like 'this mundane car park is an unlikely burial site for a king'

Now I don't have a great deal of expertise in archaeology but, I thought the way it worked was the stuff on top usually tends to be more recent.

Like the apocryphal american tourist saying of Windsor Castle "why did they put it so near the airport"?

I'm just waiting for a red top story about someone claiming to have been abused by him in 1484.

I'm just waiting for a red top story about someone claiming to have been abused by him in 1484.

Well, he did (allegedly) have some form in that regard.

Well, he did (allegedly) have some form in that regard.

I guessed as much. He had that look in his eye and I heard he was a fan of Ralph Harris's Two Little Boys.

They should dig them all up from their cathedrals and re-bury them in a car park.

Thanks for the first laugh of the day!

To be fair, there's apparently no conclusive evidence that he killed the princes, nor that they died violent deaths. There's even a possibility that they didn't die at all, cf the Perkin Warbeck case.

Dr David Starkey reckons he did them in, however, but maybe he's in the pay of the Tudors?