House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No More No More Nails

When is No More Nails ever a good idea? I have had this discussion with my mum in law who seems to think it is handy because it saves you drilling holes. Yes also saves you the option of changing your mind in the future!

E.g. in my rented house, the previous tenant decided to put up a pin board in the boiler cupboard, thus taking up useful space for hanging things. It look a lot of effort to get the thing down .... revealing they had used copious amounts of No More Nails.... disregarding the common practice of small screws for such jobs...

b1L76rYl.jpg

:D

Tempted .... they also stuck some coat hooks to the inside of the boiler cupboard door.... removing them would necessitate a whole new door.

Tempted .... they also stuck some coat hooks to the inside of the boiler cupboard door.... removing them would necessitate a whole new door.

I think I will start a thread called "my rented property is sh*t because....."

I glued a marble fireplace surround back into place with No More Nails when I moved out of a house I was renting a few years ago.

In hindsight, maybe the landlord should not have included in the lease that the house was going to be demolished after we moved out, only to inform me when I was about to turn in the keys that they were re-renting the property. No More Nails is pretty handy when you have 12 hours to make a house semi-habitable which you have stripped of all reclaimable material.

(Just to be clear, I wasn't the tenant from hell. The landlord's agent told us repeatedly that the house was going to be demolished and that we could do whatever we wanted with it. It has since been levelled to make way for a footballer's McMansion.)

When is No More Nails ever a good idea? I have had this discussion with my mum in law who seems to think it is handy because it saves you drilling holes. Yes also saves you the option of changing your mind in the future!

E.g. in my rented house, the previous tenant decided to put up a pin board in the boiler cupboard, thus taking up useful space for hanging things. It look a lot of effort to get the thing down .... revealing they had used copious amounts of No More Nails.... disregarding the common practice of small screws for such jobs...

I wasn't aware Mr Pin had enemies. Was the previous tenant happy_renting?

I'm all for bodging. My mother had a new boiler fitted and the installer had ruined the access hatch for it. As a temporary measure, I made a new door with scrap cardboard covered in woodgrain Fablon (that matched the surrounding timber). No hinges, I just screwed it in place with four screws.

Mum said it looked 'lovely' and four years later, she's still happy with it!