House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Btl Thread From A Few Months Ago

For me it doesn't stack up either...as the guy says he made the same sitting on his hands invested in equities as the nightmare of trying to run seven properties.

For me it doesn't stack up either...as the guy says he made the same sitting on his hands invested in equities as the nightmare of trying to run seven properties.

I wonder what year a BTLer would have to have bought in to still see positive yields after tax? I'd imagine in London it would be quite recently, maybe 2013 but for the rest of the country must be quite some years ago. Would also be interesting to know how many BTLs are bought with cash and how many are bought with a mortgage.

I wonder what year a BTLer would have to have bought in to still see positive yields after tax? I'd imagine in London it would be quite recently, maybe 2013 but for the rest of the country must be quite some years ago. Would also be interesting to know how many BTLs are bought with cash and how many are bought with a mortgage.

Very few buy with cash....most have as much debt/leverage as possible with as little cash as possible, that is how it has been designed.....debt=tax efficient growth, until no longer.

Not been designed to buy stock/shares/equities with debt.........MEW to gamble on the stock market, surely not. :wacko:

Very few buy with cash....most have as much debt/leverage as possible with as little cash as possible, that is how it has been designed.....debt=tax efficient growth, until no longer.

Not been designed to buy stock/shares/equities with debt.........MEW to gamble on the stock market, surely not. :wacko:

I know someone in the dotcom bubble that was buying on credit cards to fund share purcahses...he was going to retire early...maybe he has...not seen him since it all collapsed.

Interest Only as well no doubt.

Interest Only as well no doubt.

As ever......can clearly see there is an unfair advantage to those with existing security, special deals for special unregulated punters? :blink: