House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

On A Scale Of 1 To 10...how Angry Are You Today.

on 2nd thoughts I'm quite happy .... Osbourne has just said to the next Labour government that there will be no FTB for the next parliament as they'll all be saving in their ISAs for the next 5 years :D

Faced with such insanity the correct response is to laugh, not despair.

Of course it could be we're the crazy ones. In which case it's pointless getting upset, just enjoy the moment.

I genuinely think nothing has changed. As it is, a can has been kicked down the road. I get more money in my pocket which I will not get much interest on and the bubble will get larger, until it pops as they all do.

I do think, however, it seems wrong to be able to have a budget in the run up to an election as it always favours the team in power.

I find it hilarious. Its so hopelessly catastrophically f++ked they are just shuffling deck chairs trying to pretend they are important.

It will not make any difference now its over. The clock is ticking, my only concern is how bad its all going to get and how quickly it could all go tits.

Its much bigger than just house related ********, they have sunk the whole ship UK.

There is every chance your 15k deposit ISA might be just enough to buy a loaf of bread when it matures in 4 years.

I think its nothing, or least a negative thing.

The number of FTBs and under-40 buyers are still shrinking.

The House isa is worthless but it'll fool a lot of people into delaying buying - got to get that free money.

I was angry at first, now I'm calm again. Could've been worse. And if the HTB-ISA is a replacement for the previous schemes, then I'm actually quite happy.

No mention of replacing just expansion of ...it`s not finalised as of yet though

Faced with such insanity the correct response is to laugh, not despair.

Of course it could be we're the crazy ones. In which case it's pointless getting upset, just enjoy the moment.

It's always a possibility as is wibble, in wibble wibble! :P

What steal and lie ?

It's worked for the last 1000 years :P

I find it hilarious. Its so hopelessly catastrophically f++ked they are just shuffling deck chairs trying to pretend they are important.

It will not make any difference now its over. The clock is ticking, my only concern is how bad its all going to get and how quickly it could all go tits.

Its much bigger than just house related ********, they have sunk the whole ship UK.

There is every chance your 15k deposit ISA might be just enough to buy a loaf of bread when it matures in 4 years.

I've always thought of gold as insurance and that this was, although possible, unlikely. However, it seems Osborne is determined to try and make hyperinflation in the UK a reality! As Trampa501 said, you just have to laugh and enjoy the moment! Saying wibble occasionally also seems to help! :P

I think its nothing, or least a negative thing.

The number of FTBs and under-40 buyers are still shrinking.

The House isa is worthless but it'll fool a lot of people into delaying buying - got to get that free money.

Thats the way i see it ...only possible downside is it may encourage the kite flyers

The ball is in the sellers court now IMO as their is an ever decreasing number of buyers out there already

It's always a possibility as is wibble, in wibble wibble! :P

It's worked for the last 1000 years :P

I've always thought of gold as insurance and that this was, although possible, unlikely. However, it seems Osborne is determined to try and make hyperinflation in the UK a reality! As Trampa501 said, you just have to laugh and enjoy the moment! Saying wibble occasionally also seems to help! :P

Yeah at first I thought mm this could be bad all this debt so I saved up a bit just in case.

Then I thought maybe a bit of precious metals cant hurt these paper moneys are looking iffy

now its so horrific I'm thinking of getting stored foods, a shotgun, A v8 with corrugated iron on the windows and preparing myself to fight it out the post apocalyptic wasteland that was yorkshire.

Ironically London will remain untouched as stolen money is used to build a giant bubble to protect the billionaires inside.

Thats the way i see it ...only possible downside is it may encourage the kite flyers

The ball is in the sellers court now IMO as their is an ever decreasing number of buyers out there already

I couldnt give a too hoots if it helps prices rise or fall...I'm angry because the government who are forcefully taking 60-70% of peoples money either directly or indirectly is prepared to give an interest rate of 25% on a small group of peoples savings, ( if they are prepared to commit to their banker friends pyramid scheme ( IMHO ) ) It's f**king outrageous.

The 4% NS&I bond for pensioners was bad enough.

The public sector monster is eating our country alive, a small group of people have deemed themselves more able to spend our money then we are ourselves. Tax is simply too high, there is too much scope for corruption/fraud/misplaced spending when spending on behalf of 60 million people is done by a few thousand. The cost of living is too high, primarily house prices. Nothing is being done to address this, in fact the opposite is true, These spoilt out of touch rich children's (who claim to run the country on our behalf and for our good ) only idea to solve the problems of a debt bubble and massive house price inflation is to encourage said problem.

They wont stop now till it collapses...and it will collapse.

I might go all in on gold now.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Like some other posters I'm not that angry. I always knew that there isn't really a limit to the schemes government can invent to prop up house prices, and as far as that goes, this one is rather mild. Unfortunately it is yet more sentiment that they are willing to do so, reinforcing the irksome message "you can't lose in bricks and mortar". So I'm mildly annoyed that the message is once again reinforced and the can kicked down the road, but it could have been worse.

Btw, I know some of you are convinced there is not much more government can do to prop things up, and my message is, stop being naive. Politicians are shrewd. It is going to take a market event outside of their control to get a crash going. I believe it's possible we'll see something in the next few years but without it we're not going to get a major crash.

Btw, something that concerns me more than the HTB ISA thing was the message I saw scrolling on the TV screen after I'd missed the first bit of the budget speech, something about "locking in long term low rates". What was that about? Low rates are the biggest problem for those of us wanting lower prices.

Quite honestly it's almost meaningless to me. The £3k giveaway will take years to achieve, and either HPI will outstrip that £3k in a couple of months, or HPC will will negate it in a couple of months. It won't have any significant impact IMO.

And aside from that, you only get angry about it if you depend on politicians of one party or another to make your life better. Once you give up any notion of any them doing anything other than what is good for them, it really doesn't have the same effect any more.

I still gave it a 3 just because Osborne is particularly odious little shite.

Edited by Fully Detached