House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed_Up

Solar Eclipse, Supermoon, Spring Equinox, Aroura Borealis

There's a lot going on this week! Has anyone been able to see the arourae? Sadly it's too cloudy here in Manchester.

Any predictions from the doom-mongers or soothsayers? :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/solar-eclipse-supermoon-spring-equinox-friday-will-see-three-rare-celestial-events-10111592.html

As the eclipse plunges the UK and other places into darkness this Friday, two other rare if less spectacular celestial events will be taking place, too: a Supermoon and the Spring equinox.

A Supermoon, or perigee moon, happens when the full or new moon does its closest fly-by of the Earth, making it look bigger than it normally does. And the spring equinox refers to the time of the year when the day and night are of equal duration, mid-way between the longest and shortest days.

There's a lot going on this week! Has anyone been able to see the arourae? Sadly it's too cloudy here in Manchester.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/solar-eclipse-supermoon-spring-equinox-friday-will-see-three-rare-celestial-events-10111592.html

As the eclipse plunges the UK and other places into darkness this Friday, two other rare if less spectacular celestial events will be taking place, too: a Supermoon and the Spring equinox.

A Supermoon, or perigee moon, happens when the full or new moon does its closest fly-by of the Earth, making it look bigger than it normally does. And the spring equinox refers to the time of the year when the day and night are of equal duration, mid-way between the longest and shortest days.

Also the greatest tidal range for about a century this Saturday and Sunday

Sure, the aurora is pretty and all, but all these solar storms and X-Class flares are making me a little nervous...

Got beans?!

If that lot doesnt produce a stock market crash then the lizard/illuminati/ChurcofRome/pagan/paedo/satanist/freemason cabal controlling the world probably doesnt exist.

I remember watching a documentary years ago about which was the "best" way to die and the conclusion was death by nitrogen, painless and surprised it wasn't already in use. Perhaps it was too painless?

Sure, the aurora is pretty and all, but all these solar storms and X-Class flares are making me a little nervous...

Got beans?!

Signs and Portents - the gods must be really hacked off about something. I might sacrifice a shepherd's pie in the back garden.

Apparently, it's going to play havoc with the electrictiy supply, du to all the photo voltaic supplies. The are planning on firing up a couple of coal powered power stations just in case.

Probably nonsense, as it's the MSM.

Are you sure ? The forthcoming low tides are below chart datum in many places

Methinks I misread you. The tides were higher in February, but you were talking about the range. Yes, ultra-low tides appear to compensate for not-quite-highest high tides.

Sorry!

Got beans?!

Nodody will guess it's you farting with the sun gone out!

Methinks I misread you. The tides were higher in February, but you were talking about the range. Yes, ultra-low tides appear to compensate for not-quite-highest high tides.

Sorry!

Yep, Great time to go down on the shore at Low Water.

There is a massive solar storm currently underway also.

I'm trying to see it! Aurorae is a rude name for the bits around ladies nipples! According to my Dyslexic Dictionary of Filth.

Yep, Great time to go down on the shore at Low Water.

I have an estuary view from the front of the house. As the tide goes out, the estuary becomes mudflats. When it's very low, you see deep channels in the mud, where the main flow from the river goes. This will be an event to watch from the house (or possibly front terrace).

plym-view.jpeg

Unlike the highest tides, which are beautiful from up here but most exciting from the wall around the tidal lagoon:

491e4d69684f0d89cd636a67e676af817e1eae1a

I have an estuary view from the front of the house. As the tide goes out, the estuary becomes mudflats. When it's very low, you see deep channels in the mud, where the main flow from the river goes. This will be an event to watch from the house (or possibly front terrace).

Unlike the highest tides, which are beautiful from up here but most exciting from the wall around the tidal lagoon:

Where is that? It's much more impressive than the view I get of the back of the council offices, and a few wet ducks on a muddy stream.

Where is that? It's much more impressive than the view I get of the back of the council offices, and a few wet ducks on a muddy stream.

If I'm not mistaken, given the tidal range and species of trees, I would say it's somewhere near Bristol. Probably on the site of the 1914 International Exhibition.

If I'm not mistaken, given the tidal range and species of trees, I would say it's somewhere near Bristol. Probably on the site of the 1914 International Exhibition.

Near? How long is a piece of string?

There's a good service from my nearest station to Bristol. Journey times start at two hours.