House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Tightwad

Do Women Have A Different Perspective To Men On The Uk House Price Boom?

Guest Jemmy Button

The bottom line is that women are nest builders - they want the best nest their husbands can buy. The more expensive the better as it means that in a divorce, they get to keep the nest.

The bottom line is that women are nest builders - they want the best nest their husbands can buy. The more expensive the better as it means that in a divorce, they get to keep the nest.

Is that why they like twigs?

Guest Jemmy Button

I know more women than men into BTL. No idea why.

It's quite simple....women, at the end of the day, are just greedy cows. It will all end in tears...

I know more women than men into BTL. No idea why.

I know more innumerate women than men.

There's probably a connection . . .

Most blokes (Not all) will be happy with a wee house that's solid and easy to look after. They don't want any extra stress.

Most burds (Not all) will not be happy until they own a mansion that's got 4 tennis courts and a pool.

The above may be very general - but it is fairly accurate IMO.

Not directly - however most women see extra rooms as places to store more stuff that they can buy.

Most blokes see extra rooms as a hassle to look after when you don't really need them.

There is a certain bitter smell in here... I can't tell if it's divorcee or dinosaur musk....

I laughed at the twigs comment though!

Certainly there's some bitterness but I think there is some truth in it as well.

In my experience, women are more predisposed to being "selfish" than men. It's rational for the most part, because they are biologically programmed to be looking out for their children (that they may not have even had yet) as well as themselves, and they see it that what is best for them is also best for their children. So when it comes down to what the bloke wants versus what she wants, there's no contest in her opinion.

In the multitude of long term relationship breakups that I've witnessed over the years, whether kids and lawyers are involved or not, I've never failed to be amazed at how unreasonable women can be in pursuit of what they believe they are entitled to.

Great summary of where we are from Shaun Richards:

https://notayesmanseconomics.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/do-women-have-a-different-perspective-to-men-on-the-uk-house-price-boom/

It's especially nice to see that Woman’s Hour story getting some traction.

Yes it is nice to see Woman's Hour and indeed the BBC admitting at least some of the truth about the housing market.

There is a certain bitter smell in here... I can't tell if it's divorcee or dinosaur musk....

I laughed at the twigs comment though!

I`m not bitter it`s just a fact i know three women up to their necks in IO BTL,ten plus years on they have only ever wiped there face and most of the places are in or very near to negative equity barring a miracle basic maths tell you this is all going to end in tears and basic maths would have told them ten years ago the whole game was a bet on HPI it has not happened around here