House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longtermrenter

Daevid Allen Founder Member Of Soft Machine And Gong Dead

A couple of days old this news.

Glad I got to see Gong with Allen, Gilli and Hillage a dew years back.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/13/gong-founder-daevid-allen-has-died-aged-77

Highly intelligent and articulate human being and supremely talented musically.

A lot of people see Gong as done inconsequential bunch of hippy loonies but they really had some important things to say behind the bizarre outfits and names.

Had to edit as had called Steve Hillage Village instead! In my social circle Hillage was rhyming for spillage when you spilt your pint (or rolling paper accessories.....)

Ah, memories of lunchtime in the sixth form common room when the stoner clique would put this sort of stuff on and everybody else would tell them to take it off.

Ah, memories of lunchtime in the sixth form common room when the stoner clique would put this sort of stuff on and everybody else would tell them to take it off.

Yes! I wanted "I can't come", by the "Snivelling Shits!"

Run the bar, control the music.

Golden era.

Floating Anarchy 1977:he had a punk vibe going too. Also an amazing poet and artist. Best of all is that he didn't seek fame or fortune and was happy to live in obscurity. A really good human being.

Guest Jemmy Button

Met him in a small pub in Cheshire after he'd just done a gig with The Magick Brothers. An amazing gig. Daevid was an absolute gentleman. An incredible bloke.