House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellerkat

Insanely Sad Lives - Revealed At Cash Machines

Got £100 out of a machine last night, saw some paper stuck in the dispensing slot, put it in my back pocket and just retrieved it:

ACCOUNT BALANCE: £46.88

AVAILABLE BALANCE: -£0.87

WITHDRAWAL: £10.00

Ten quid? On a Friday night? (20:16 to be precise.)

Is this usual?

Absolutely standard when I was at college and money was tight.

If you took out £20 and spent it all that might mean missing some meals the next week.

I was distraught when cash machines stopped giving out £5 notes

Rarely take out more than £10 at a time

I find that If I have cash money in my wallet I tend to spend it, so safest not to have any.

Some bloke in front of us at the bank wanted to put in £1.37 to make his money up to a fiver to take out. She took ages convincing him he could just take the change out, it didn't need to be a whole £5.

Got £100 out of a machine last night, saw some paper stuck in the dispensing slot, put it in my back pocket and just retrieved it:

Is this usual?

No it's damned profligate. You can get beer & crisps fror under £1 at Aldi, so unless he was having a bunch of mates round I really don't see how this could be condoned as responsible behaviour.

No it's damned profligate. You can get beer & crisps fror under £1 at Aldi, so unless he was having a bunch of mates round I really don't see how this could be condoned as responsible behaviour.

No wonder he can't afford a 300k 3 bed semi if he's spending that much money on nights out.

You can make your own for half that. Waster.

A possible example of low paid Britain - but also in my experience the average person has little self-control with money.

I've seen people blow £800 on a TV and then scramble around trying to borrow cash to enable them to pay their rent just a week later.

Is this usual?

i can get nearly six pints for that in sw london

£15 quid i can have a really good night with a doner kebab at the end of it :lol:

6 pints for £10 in London!? The cheapest pint I can find in London now is around £2.80.

edwards wimbledon 5pm to 9pm everyday half price drinks i have been paying 1.75 for a pint of amstel :lol: or on a thursday the slug next door does the same too ,

my thursday night out this week cost me £20 finding a travel card was the cherry on top

No! And even better, we can leap to conclusions and be judgemental!

I'm totally on board with that.. especially if the person in question was likely out of the house enjoying themselves on a Friday night while I'm stuck inside nursing a baby.

What a complete smug barsteward!

edwards wimbledon 5pm to 9pm everyday half price drinks i have been paying 1.75 for a pint of amstel :lol: or on a thursday the slug next door does the same too ,

my thursday night out this week cost me £20 finding a travel card was the cherry on top

Wow, you're lucky.

1hr 15min tube journey for me. Wish it was nearer!

I went into a late night bar a few weeks ago and got charged £7 for 1 pint of 1664 :-(

I have noticed people trying one card, then another.

But only in the last few years. I don't recall seeing this regularly before then.

First cash machines I used only dispensed £10 in the form of 10 x £1 notes folded into a plastic clip. Machine took 1 notch out of your 10 notch cash card. happy days.

First cash machines I used only dispensed £10 in the form of 10 x £1 notes folded into a plastic clip. Machine took 1 notch out of your 10 notch cash card. happy days.

Oh yes! I had a card with holes in it! The machine took your card, and it dispensed ten quid! Then the bank posted the card back to you!