House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dinker

Powdered Alcohol

The powdering is a gimmick. Better to just drink the active ingredient (2-methyl,2-butanol, aka term-amyl alcohol).

At 50x the intoxicating power of ethanol and with a biological life-time of 48 hours, you can go on a 2 day bender for just 63 pence.

I can see this replacing the sugar-bowl in my house, a couple of spoonfuls sprinkled on my cornflakes in the morning would set me up for the day.

The powdering is a gimmick. Better to just drink the active ingredient (2-methyl,2-butanol, aka term-amyl alcohol).

At 50x the intoxicating power of ethanol and with a biological life-time of 48 hours, you can go on a 2 day bender for just 63 pence.

Well that's my DIY weekend done then.

Whatever happened to that "inhaled alcohol" that seemed set to take off?

Except of course the flaw being that one of the reasons alcohol is so popular is the actual process of, er, drinking it. It's "something to do". Take that away and I suppose everyone just stands around empty-handed in the pub with nothing to do with their hands.

Whatever happened to that "inhaled alcohol" that seemed set to take off?Except of course the flaw being that one of the reasons alcohol is so popular is the actual process of, er, drinking it. It's "something to do". Take that away and I suppose everyone just stands around empty-handed in the pub with nothing to do with their hands.

+1

That is rather the point. Unless you are an alcoholic for whom intoxication is the sole point of drinking why would you bother. It is already possible to convert from the vertical to the horizontal in a very short time at relatively low cost by drinking cheap sherry and cider. Even the alkies in the park have some rituals surrounding the process of getting smashed and even they don't start out their lives as addicts. For most people getting tipsy or even drunk is a side effect from a much more complex social process.

Whatever happened to that "inhaled alcohol" that seemed set to take off?

Except of course the flaw being that one of the reasons alcohol is so popular is the actual process of, er, drinking it. It's "something to do". Take that away and I suppose everyone just stands around empty-handed in the pub with nothing to do with their hands.

AWOL( Alcohol with out liquid)

Think it was actually banned from public sale ,something to do with it fooling/failing to register correctly when people were breathalyzed IIRC (breathalyser said under blood said way over)

+1

That is rather the point. Unless you are an alcoholic for whom intoxication is the sole point of drinking why would you bother. It is already possible to convert from the vertical to the horizontal in a very short time at relatively low cost by drinking cheap sherry and cider. Even the alkies in the park have some rituals surrounding the process of getting smashed and even they don't start out their lives as addicts. For most people getting tipsy or even drunk is a side effect from a much more complex social process.

I don`t know about that completely found it quite useful at music festivals ,nothing worse than having to push your way through a crowd to get to the boggs,only other option was to pi$$ down the wellies of those in front of you

"A Doctor Recommends" :) ................................ :blink:

'Prepping' is popular in the US - eg, preparing for anything from natural disasters to Doomsday, rather than relying on 'the guvvament' like people in the UK do - so perhaps it will be popular for people who want to store/carry alcohol more easily?

'Prepping' is popular in the US - eg, preparing for anything from natural disasters to Doomsday, rather than relying on 'the guvvament' like people in the UK do - so perhaps it will be popular for people who want to store/carry alcohol more easily?

Maybe.

But vodkatoff works as a way of preserving fruit. :)