House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scunnered

A Freeman On The Land

From the Edinburgh Evening News:

A SELF-STYLED “Freeman on the land” has caused chaos in court as he claimed the hearing was “an unjust assault on my sovereignty”.

David Macrae, 42, claims to be part of a loose group of people who hold that laws passed by parliament are unjustified and can only be enforced if an individual consents.

He has pleaded not guilty at Livingston Sheriff Court to illegally bypassing the electricity meter at his home in Blackburn, West Lothian and producing and possessing the class B drug cannabis on February 5 last year.

At the court yesterday he shouted down Sheriff Peter Hammond and repeatedly interrupted fiscal depute Catherine Knowles.

He also claimed the court case was “a crime under common law”. Sheriff Hammond warned him: “Be quiet, and don’t talk gibberish in this court” adding: “Stop speaking rubbish and just sit quietly.” But the interruptions continued.

The charge alleges that he posted Facebook images of live electrical cable attached to a window frame and a hand grenade wired to a door handle – implying that they were at his home – and threatening to “deploy” boiling cooking fat over anyone who entered his home “unlawfully”.

In one of Macrae’s many interruptions, he claimed he was “having a laugh with mates online” when he posted Facebook messages.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/freeman-on-the-land-causes-chaos-in-court-1-3715573

Doesn't look like being a freeman's going to cut much ice with the authorities.

Sounds like he thinks it means "I can do whatever the hell I want and no-one can do anything back to me". If he's going to reject the court (some sympathy there, the arrogance of the system is grossly offensive) and is free to bypass the electricity meter then the electricity company is presumably feel free to deal with that however they like.

The charge alleges that he posted Facebook images of live electrical cable attached to a window frame and a hand grenade wired to a door handle – implying that they were at his home – and threatening to “deploy” boiling cooking fat over anyone who entered his home “unlawfully”.

In one of Macrae’s many interruptions, he claimed he was “having a laugh with mates online” when he posted Facebook messages.

Oh dear, another Facebook crime. Perhaps a burglar who was planning to enter his home unlawfully felt threatened.

His mistake was to fail to write HIS NAME in CAPITAL LETTRS or babble on about Maritime Law.

laws passed by parliament are unjustified and can only be enforced if an individual consents.

I think he will find that laws are enforced if the lawmen are bigger and/or mor numerous than you.

I actually quite like the Freeman concept if you apply it with a little bit of common sense and don't take it too literally.

For example, the vast majority of rules and regulations can be boiled down to the simple freeman concept of taking personal responsibility, and doing no harm, causing no loss, and causing no injury (I think there's another one but can't remember it).

However, this bloke quite clearly was stealing from the electricity company, and threatening to do some fairly significant harm to anyone who wanted to do anything about it. In addition, whether you agree with the Freeman concept or not, there is no way in hell TPTB are going to let you get away with it; take a look at Dean Clifford and the amount of time he's spent in jail arguing his case. IMO life is far too short to spend so much time flogging a dead horse. Better to appreciate the idea and try to live your life whilst avoiding any bother if you ask me.

For example, the vast majority of rules and regulations can be boiled down to the simple freeman concept of taking personal responsibility, and doing no harm, causing no loss, and causing no injury (I think there's another one but can't remember it).

One can do all that without declaring oneself a freeman or spouting their b***** about contracts, admiralty law, legal persons and stuff. It's all rubbish.

In a nutshell the law is whatever the people who have power to exercise law say it is. Law is about power. You can only avoid the law by hiding (concealing your activities) , leaving ( a jurisdiction), or having enough power to dictate the law yourself.

One can do all that without declaring oneself a freeman or spouting their b***** about contracts, admiralty law, legal persons and stuff. It's all rubbish.

In a nutshell the law is whatever the people who have power to exercise law say it is. Law is about power. You can only avoid the law by hiding (concealing your activities) , leaving ( a jurisdiction), or having enough power to dictate the law yourself.

That's what I meant when I said to use common sense and not take it too literally. Anyone who starts banging on about strawmen and names in capitals has way too much time on their hands and are on a hiding to nothing.

I suspect questioning the authority of said court and trying to shout down the judge is a lousy opening defence. He is in their court - they're not in his.

Even if acquitted, he'll probably get something slapped on him for contempt of court - tw@t

That's what I meant when I said to use common sense and not take it too literally. Anyone who starts banging on about strawmen and names in capitals has way too much time on their hands and are on a hiding to nothing.

I'll fess up and admit that I suspect that there may be a kernel of truth hidden in the copious mounds of Freeman moonbattery. In that there may be esoteric elements to our legal and political system which for their own moonbat reasons place significance on extracting consent (edit: the rules concerning what bailiffs can or can't do without consent is the first example that springs to mind).

In the absence of consent, men with sticks will do just fine.

Have you ever noticed how these people are never quite such "Freemen" when it comes to claiming benefits or using public services like hospitals?

Or stealing electricity.

From the Edinburgh Evening News:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/freeman-on-the-land-causes-chaos-in-court-1-3715573

Doesn't look like being a freeman's going to cut much ice with the authorities.

if he's tapped into the electrics of someone elses property,that is basically theft.freeman or not.

had this been dealt with even in proper common law,he would still find himself hauled up on a charge.

the whole freeman concept is quite legal,when it is applied properly.

such as freedom to move as and when you desire, and to stay in suitable habitation as long as it is paid for by fair contract-so that rules squatting out unless the building in question has been vacant for a specified period(i think it's typically 2 years)

freedom from unfair taxation/fines/levies( yes this at the moment is extremely justified point of objection with the authorities).

actually,I'll add to that one and say that if the councils are not spending tax collected in an efficient manner on the municipal services people use(ie refuse collection), not only do people have the right to tender these services privately, they also have the right to withold money from the council for services paid for but not rendered.

freedom to defend yourself/property( again,this one is again a justified greviance)..including the use of firearms.

freedom of transit....this theoretically means can just go and buy a car and drive anywher without any degree of proficiency, so I would suggest that while the highways should remain free to use, and there should be no such thing as road tax..it should be purely on a pay-as you go basis-via fuel duty.

..there is also the need to have a reasonable degree of safety on the roads-so basic standards for all- this is in the public benefit...so don't have a problem with road proficiency test per se.

there should also be a sort of "personal indemnity insurance" to cover everything from car crashes to hospital treatment ..it should just be streamlined and rolled into one....and it would easily be transferrable.

had this been dealt with even in proper common law,he would still find himself hauled up on a charge.

You do realise that common law is just case law, not some magical faires in the forest nonsense thought up by someone on youtube?

Nothing new or original in not recognising the authority of a British court.

Irish republicans regularly used that tactic over the years as did various other anti colonial resistance movements without the need to spout all this Freeman of the Land cobblers.

The British government really hates it if you assert that you are a political prisoner, are engaged in war against them or indeed if you claim that you owe obedience only to God. In fact anything that suggests that the British state and its institutions might not be quite as all powerful or eternal as it fondly imagines