House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

Expats....

A nice read for a Friday afternoon:

Expats Forum -> Off to Australia?? No chance

My favourites:

We've had ours up since mid July (1 viewer in July, 1 viewer in Aug, 1 viewer in September) since reducing the price in September by 12k - no viewers.

Changing estate agents tomorrow and 'increasing' the price by 7k, so we shall see what happens.

Hmmm, I wonder what happens.

Don't worry, you are the same as us.....sadly house not in the £300k's!!! we are on for £163k and really need at least £155 to have any money at all when we arrive...that's why we don't want to drop anymore.

Good Luck

Average paid against asking 93%, you need over 95% against asking..... good luck.

Wish I hadn't spotted this thread!

House went on the market last week for 180k and we still owe 160k on it, after reading all the above I'm panicking a bit

But then again the agent seems confident......

An, well thats OK then. As long as the agent is confident......

To be honest, I think there will be a lot of involuntary pats in the next couple of years as more and more people discover that supposed 200k of 'housing equity' they thought would make them rich abroad was just a fantasy.

Average paid against asking 93%, you need over 95% against asking..... good luck.

If they did their calcuations some months ago then they will need that extra 5% too in order to cover the exchange rate divergence recently.