House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Those who believe dogmatically in BBC news biased reporting of house prices might want to check what story is currently #3 in the top ten headlines on the news page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31839990

Who said that ?

I thought the BBc was the state propaganda channel who pumps out the message that the government ( aka the bankers ) want people to hear.

When they go bearish on houses....watch out below.

So the government want to spread the word that London house prices are becoming more affordable for hardworking families in London.

It won't last past May, however there is little they can do to stop it. Even with a 50% fall London would still be way to expensive.

but they make sure they get this in:

Although London recorded its sixth consecutive monthly price fall, many buyers believed that purchasing a property in London would become more and more out of reach, said Simon Rubinsohn, the institution's chief economist.

"There is a strong view in the survey that property will become even more unaffordable over the medium term. Respondents suggest, on average, that house prices will rise by a further 30% in the capital over the next five years," he said.

Welll if they're falling now because no one can afford the ludicrous asking prices why would they go up 30% in the medium term? You won't have any buyers, folks will just say it's no longer makes financial sense to live in London, I'm out of here, collapse.

Please also be aware that the position in the hierarchy of top ten stories is based on popularity e.g. how many are viewed. Yesterday Clarkson was trending and a story from 2012 was in at #5 for a while as people traipsed back in time to see of his old misdemeanours, so they could be freshly outraged.

The BBC has been more than happy to cheer lead the attack on annuities and help 'liberate' all those little boomer pension pots into property over the past few weeks. How anyone can regard this organisation as 'left wing' is beyond me.

The State has a requirement to find bigger fools at ever higher prices for UK property. The BBC and C4 are happy to oblige.

From the bbc article

House prices in London are moving in the opposite direction to the rest of the UK - they are falling, according to surveyors.

More surveyors reported that property prices had fallen in the three months to the end of February than those who reported price rises.

The opposite was true in the rest of the UK, with price growth led by Scotland and Northern Ireland.

The data comes from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

Price growth accelerated in the South West of England and South East of England, the group said. This was mainly the result of a lack of supply of homes on the market.

Uncertainty, owing to the upcoming election, could have delayed some potential sellers in putting their home on the market, it said.

'Unaffordable'

Although London recorded its sixth consecutive monthly price fall, many buyers believed that purchasing a property in London would become more and more out of reach, said Simon Rubinsohn, the institution's chief economist.

"There is a strong view in the survey that property will become even more unaffordable over the medium term. Respondents suggest, on average, that house prices will rise by a further 30% in the capital over the next five years," he said.

Recent surveys by lenders, the Nationwide and the Halifax, suggested that prices fell on average across the UK in February compared with the previous month.

My bold/italics.

There's something there for everyone. London prices are falling/rising and they're also falling/rising elswhere in the UK - or maybe rising/falling.

Take your pick.

Edited by billybong

Spot on. The BBC is an Establishment supporting, pus filled organ that continually supports the System, and produces such sharp, rapier-like programs as "The One BRAIN CELL Show".

From the bbc article

My bold/italics.

There's something there for everyone. London prices are falling/rising and they're also falling/rising elswhere in the UK - or maybe rising/falling.

Take your pick.

Reading that article leaves me feeling very *errr* informed..... :unsure:

Womens Hour on Radio 4 (10am today and on catch-up) had a women (ABC1 types in Solihull) focus group report about housing at 10.20am. Wanting housing to half in value, we've been too greedy about HPI, were both agreed topics. Then on my drive home R1 says housing is a top concern of the young.

Something is brewing!

I had to share this gem, uncritically hosted by the BBC's chief business correspondent Linda Yueh.

China's richest man has said that he considers the UK the best place in the world to invest.

Wang Jianlin, chair of China's largest property company, Dalian Wanda, said the UK had one of the most open markets and that investment was not subject to the same scrutiny as elsewhere.

Mr Wang told the BBC he was looking to invest $1bn (£667m) in the UK entertainment industry.

He is also considering buying an English or Italian football club.

"I've travelled to many countries to consider them for investment, and most admire Britain's market," he said.

"Britain has one of the highest degrees of free market openness, no investment needs to be scrutinised, it's entirely up to you."

He said that he likes the US as well but the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US scrutinises investment and can block it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31838296