House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrtickle

Help Identifying Video

Hope someone can help. On this forum within the last few weeks I watched a short video, about 7-15 minutes long, which I think was on youtube. I can't find it or remember who was in it, and I've gone through loads of threads but it's trying to find a needle in a haystack.

It was a short presentation with the speaker talking about an alternative way of measuring GDP - how many hours of your life you had to spend working to live, and what proportion of that time is then spent consuming "stuff" and buying things. He had bar charts to show this. He compared our modern-day meaures with someone hundreds of years ago who would spend a much bigger proportion of their waking hours on surviving, with much less time "consuming".

Can anyone remember which thread the link was in please?

Thanks in advance!

I did try looking for you - although I never saw the original thread.

I tried "alternative GDP measure" as search terms on Youtube

Was it this one

Thanks, it wasn't that one though. The clip I'm thinking of had a bloke stood up in front of a screen, possibly with a laptop on a table near him.

If you are logged into Youtube can't you go back through your history?