House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Best Week For Bears,you Bet

wow what a week, we can wallow in a certain satisfaction. After sipps is fcked off.Btl mortgage providers are pulling in their horns.Gloomy confused vis are struggling big time to spin any news and make it good.Crawley brown hole is on the ropes.Cameron breathes a bit of fresh air into an opposition party that had sunk pretty low and like em or loathe them they are all we have to stand up to mr bliar across the despatch box.There must have been a few times over the last year or so when we were sometimes questioning ourselves as to what was really going to transpire,were we on the right path, could logical fundementals really count for nothing anymore,well after this week i think there is no doubt that we were right all along.I wrote to my m.p regarding sipps and got a waffling reply from the treasury,i know many of you also did and you know what, i think we helped make a difference.so my fellow bears this weekend is a time to kick back and drink to our collective health,2006 well that is one year i cant wait to be part of as house prices finally show their true colors and we can say to those erstwhile bulls and doubters"told you so"

wow what a week, we can wallow in a certain satisfaction. After sipps is fcked off.Btl mortgage providers are pulling in their horns.Gloomy confused vis are struggling big time to spin any news and make it good.Crawley brown hole is on the ropes.Cameron breathes a bit of fresh air into an opposition party that had sunk pretty low and like em or loathe them they are all we have to stand up to mr bliar across the despatch box.There must have been a few times over the last year or so when we were sometimes questioning ourselves as to what was really going to transpire,were we on the right path, could logical fundementals really count for nothing anymore,well after this week i think there is no doubt that we were right all along.I wrote to my m.p regarding sipps and got a waffling reply from the treasury,i know many of you also did and you know what, i think we helped make a difference.so my fellow bears this weekend is a time to kick back and drink to our collective health,2006 well that is one year i cant wait to be part of as house prices finally show their true colors and we can say to those erstwhile bulls and doubters"told you so"

And the teddy bear's picnic is only just beginning. :P

You know what they say, "the taller they are the harder the fall".

House prices have gone past anybodies wildest imagination on the way up.

You can bet house prices will go past anybodies wildest imagination on the way down.

Regards,

so my fellow bears this weekend is a time to kick back and drink to our collective health,2006 well that is one year i cant wait to be part of as house prices finally show their true colors and we can say to those erstwhile bulls and doubters"told you so"

Unless there is an upwards movement of interest rates IMHO all that will happen is another bout of stagnation .... for at least 6-8 months.

Even taking into account today's mildly optimistic but deeply qualified Nationwide spin report, the HPC slide is definately still underway.......sort of like hearing the creaks and groans prior to the avalanche.

Unless there is an upwards movement of interest rates IMHO all that will happen is another bout of stagnation .... for at least 6-8 months.

1. Stagnation is not something I can take to the bank to pay interest on my BTL loans

2. Stagnation is not going to keep me in a job as high street sales tumble

3. Stagnation is not going to do anything for my confidence

Interest rates went down to zero in Japan as prices first started to pause/stagnated now never mind rates moving up

Q. did this stop house prices crashing

Q. Name one time in history when houses have stagnated after a boom

Stagnation is something that happens after a mild recovery so it’s ok to smile now ! :) unless

you have been left holding the baby :huh:

Edited by Justice

1. Stagnation is not something I can take to the bank to pay interest on my BTL loans

2. Stagnation is not going to keep me in a job as high street sales tumble

3. Stagnation is not going to do anything for my confidence

Interest rates went down to zero in Japan as prices first started to pause/stagnated now never mind rates moving up

Q. did this stop house prices crashing

Q. Name one time in history when houses have stagnated after a boom

Stagnation is something that happens after a mild recovery so it’s ok to smile now ! :) unless

you have been left holding the baby :huh:

My point is that although I broadly agree with many posters on this forum, I disagree on timescales, the extent of drops and the idea that every area and property type will suffer to the same extent.

We will see by April if posters here are suddenly despondant when their beloved crash has not materialised ...

You can't compare what happens in Japan with what happens in the UK. The japs are very different people to us: they do real work for a start :lol:

...and they don't just trade ever more expensive houses inbetween themselves for the sake of their country's economic growth

Well said,indeed it has been a memorable bear week so bulls no hibernation for us

Yep, I think this week has been a turning point.

However, I don't think we will see anything big until after the summer when sentiment really changes! Unless IRs go up!!!

:lol:

I notice the bulls seem all but dead now. Any left? Or have they finally realised it is they who are the crazy ones...house prices only go up! hahahaha...Looks like they missed the boat to sell their house.