House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

The Uk Is Run By Morons Thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986175/First-World-War-debt-finally-repaid.html

• Government repaid £1.9billion still owed to more than 100,000 people
  • Debts can be repaid because the cash can be borrowed cheaper elsewhere
  • Debt Management Office estimates thew UK has paid £5.5billion in interest

Britain's First World War debt has finally be repaid in full – more than 100 years after the outbreak of the conflict.

The Government repaid some £1.9billion still owed to more than 100,000 people who held 'War Bonds', issued in 1917 to help fund the military effort.

George Osborne said he could pay off the debts because he can borrow the money cheaper elsewhere.

You really couldn't make this up!!!! We've not actually paid off the debt we've just taken out another loan to pay off the existing one!!!

Still at least we won't be paying out as much interest....

Tories plan 'extreme cuts' - Labour_81505104_81493018.jpg

Labour accuses the Conservatives of planning "extreme" public spending cuts of £70bn - but David Cameron says Labour would cause more debt and higher taxes.

http://bankruptcy-law.freeadvice.com/bankruptcy-law/consumer_bankruptcy/bankruptcy_balance_transfers.htm

If you are considering bankruptcy as an eventual option, balance transfers can cause you problems. Transferring balances between credit cards can be a way to lower your minimum payments or to get a lower interest rate. When you do this, however, you are actually paying off one debt and incurring a new debt.

If you don’t have the present intention to pay the new debt (and if the creditor can prove you didn’t), that new debt could be found to have been fraudulently incurred, which would mean you could not get the debt discharged in a bankruptcy.

<p>

Labour accuses the Conservatives of planning "extreme" public spending cuts of £70bn - but David Cameron says Labour would cause more debt and higher taxes.

They promised cuts the last time, instead we got more spending and money printing, all used to make the rich richer and to underpin the bankers housing pyramid. Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2986175/First-World-War-debt-finally-repaid.html

You really couldn't make this up!!!! We've not actually paid off the debt we've just taken out another loan to pay off the existing one!!!

Still at least we won't be paying out as much interest....

:lol: ^^^Credit card flipping comes to mind ,works well until it don`t

Swansea Council appears to be going into meltdown quietly - I wonder how this is replicated in other UK councils.

The first sign was big cut backs in who they gave out blue badges to last year. Then, only a few weeks ago, the council announces that it is basically going to sell its main council building, looking to sell school playing fields and has ramped up parking ticket fines and put council tax up almost 5%

It gives the impression that 2008 is finally hitting home. But it appears to have come out of the blue. You wonder if no one inside the council saw this coming.

Things are escalating quickly that I am beginning to wonder how long before they announce real job cuts and wonder about its enormous pension provisions. They are even talking now about recycling the pink recycling bags.

Anyone else seeing similar with their councils?

Swansea Council appears to be going into meltdown quietly - I wonder how this is replicated in other UK councils.

The first sign was big cut backs in who they gave out blue badges to last year. Then, only a few weeks ago, the council announces that it is basically going to sell its main council building, looking to sell school playing fields and has ramped up parking ticket fines and put council tax up almost 5%

It gives the impression that 2008 is finally hitting home. But it appears to have come out of the blue. You wonder if no one inside the council saw this coming.

Things are escalating quickly that I am beginning to wonder how long before they announce real job cuts and wonder about its enormous pension provisions. They are even talking now about recycling the pink recycling bags.

Denial, until they can't literally, deny it any more.

Cameron is lying about cuts, but Ed balls is also a proven liar.

Does this mean Balls up is telling the truth, inadvertently?

I'm confused...who do I believe. The liar. Or the other liar talking about the first liar?

Taking out a cheaper loan to pay off a more expensive one sounds pretty smart to me.

Yep...real smart. Take a loan out from a private bank who counterfeit money out of thin air and charge you interest for the hassle of doing so rather than just counterfeiting the money yourself. :blink:

Edited by Executive Sadman

Yep...real smart. Take a loan out from a private bank who counterfeit money out of thin air and charge you interest for the hassle of doing so rather than just counterfeiting the money yourself. :blink:

Didn't they counterfeit the money and give it to the banks to be loaned it back?

Now, if they counterfeit some more money to pay the interest on the loan on the counterfeit money they'll have achieved some form of perpetual counterfeit machine.

Edited by LiveinHope

Yep. Northampton County Council:-

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/budget-cuts-of-148-million-will-result-in-northamptonshire-county-council-outsourcing-95-per-cent-of-staff-1-6463894

The most dramatic changes to public services for 125 years will see Northamptonshire County Council reduce its workforce from 4,000 to 150 people in a bid to carve £148 million out of its budget within the next five years.

What is going on?

I just turned on the TV News and they are alll talking about government departments closing, tens of thousands of civil servants losing their jobs, the armed forces being cut back - how can we cut back - and basically loads of talk about the need for cut-backs after the election?

WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING DINCE 2010? Did I miss something? Was the main reason for all this so-called austerity and QE - after saving the banks - to get the country back on an even keel?

Gee, greedy morons are indeed running our country and seemingly in important posts in the media, government departments, etc.

I think Sterling is going to get hit big time after the election.

I'd like to see that happen in Devon. Whenever i go down to visit my sister in Barnstaple it's like the whole place is on the take. Not many cars over three years old down there.

Can you imagine the country in 5 years time with any of these morons in charge? They'll be fine, we most likely won't.

I found out from a representative of my local Parish council that Trafford Council are in real trouble, and it's currently very hard to get anything done.

Didn't get any more detail than that, but I'll be watching with interest.

I have never seen the roads so bad. The A50 through stoke is literally falling apart. I counted 10 seconds today as i drove along a 'canyon' in the road along the centre of one of the carriageways. Its starting to resemble a farm track there are so many pot holes in it. Most of the roads round here are like this too. Nothing is being repaired.

Can't be long now until WWIII. It's the only thing that will get the West out of the mess - or at least make it look like it might be the fault of someone else.