House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Ex-City Minister Pressures Bank On Qe 'abuse'

Lord Myners is demanding answers about the possible manipulation of the UK's £375bn QE programme, Sky News can reveal.

http://news.sky.com/story/1441442/ex-city-minister-pressures-bank-on-qe-abuse

"whether any allegations or evidence of market abuse have been brought to their attention in connection with the operation of the asset purchase scheme used to implement quantitative easing [QE]"

Pure propaganda if you as me....The Q.E. is the market abuse

There is certainly a suspicion that they were at least creating securities specifically to lodge with the BoE in return for the readies.

To me that is a form of market abuse, even if it is not price fixing as such.

To me. that's fraud, perhaps even treason, for which you can still be hung I believe.

There is certainly a suspicion that they were at least creating securities specifically to lodge with the BoE in return for the readies.

To me that is a form of market abuse, even if it is not price fixing as such.

It's misbehaving at the very most. Nothing a slap on the wrist won't remedy.

He seems a bit late to the party.

If he'd been asking such questions before the investigation into the BoE (yet another investigation into their actions) then he might deserve some credit - but he seems to be just another parliamentary bandwagoner in a long line of political bandwagoners.

Edited by billybong

I was amazed at the rough ride the HSBC overlords got yesterday in Parliament. Good job it was only acting.

Demanding answers is their way of pretending they did not know what was going on

I'm sure that if any wrongdoing is actually admitted, it'll all be blamed on faceless, incompetent civil servants messing up. The usual way of hiding institutional corruption in plain sight.

I was amazed at the rough ride the HSBC overlords got yesterday in Parliament. Good job it was only acting.

Dog and Pony show.... There's an election coming up, the people have an inkling that they've been screwed over by 'bankers' and the politicos need to look tough and be seen to be 'doing something'.

Behind the scenes - business as usual. The fraud goes on.

Funny that five years ago the bankers were in the dock for trashing the UK economy [lessons to be learned], five years later deja vu.

And in another five years can we expect another show of disgust at their antics?