House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed_Up

That Radio 4 Advert For The Today Programme

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s094iCmW4CtT

I used to think that people were nuts when they talked seriously about gender and race quotas, but now it seems to be a core part of the current dogma. What are your feelings on this? Please tell me I'm not going bonkers!

What do you expect from the BBC?

Anybody who pays a TV licence fee is directly funding this bias.

Its being expected doesn't make it any more tolerable. I suppose some people will only begin to ask questions when they're told "you can't have the job because you're a white man"."

Its being expected doesn't make it any more tolerable. I suppose some people will only begin to ask questions when they're told "you can't have the job because you're a white man"."

Where have you been all this time? Happened to me in 1992.

Well, not explicitly. But as soon as I met another candidate who was black and female, and not a no-hoper, I knew I had no chance. Regardless of who was best for the post in non-discriminatory terms, they couldn't offer it to me.

(For the record, all the worst bosses I've worked for have been white male. Three female bosses and one Indian male boss have been among my better work experiences. Happy to be recruited outside my own "group".)

Where have you been all this time? Happened to me in 1992.

Well, not explicitly. But as soon as I met another candidate who was black and female, and not a no-hoper, I knew I had no chance. Regardless of who was best for the post in non-discriminatory terms, they couldn't offer it to me.

(For the record, all the worst bosses I've worked for have been white male. Three female bosses and one Indian male boss have been among my better work experiences. Happy to be recruited outside my own "group".)

Did you think that was fair at the time?

I get the feeling that people just go along with it because they've got too much to lose (mortgage to pay, don't want to rock the boat etc). I won't be coerced into racism by anyone.

Guest eight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-406385/Police-force-admits-discriminating-white-recruits.html

A police force has admitted breaking the law with a secret policy of 'deselecting' more than 100 potential recruits for no other reason than being white men.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-406385/Police-force-admits-discriminating-white-recruits.html#ixzz3TsKbwJHT

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook