House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Conservative Labour Coalition At The Ge?

IMO its actually the best outcome we can hope for. Hopefully the constant bickering and checkmate scenarios will render them unable to do anything...and lets face it, the less these jokers can do, the less damage they do.

IMO its actually the best outcome we can hope for. Hopefully the constant bickering and checkmate scenarios will render them unable to do anything...and lets face it, the less these jokers can do, the less damage they do.

If Lab and the Tories team up to keep the SNP out, it will be the end of the union (In the short term). If Lab team up with the SNP to keep the tories out it will be the end of the union (in the medium term). If the Tories win and the SNP get the expected number of seats it will be the end of the union (in the long term).

If you are a Scottish Nationalist, these are exciting times. In fact, if you are simply Scottish, the future is bright with all the goodies headed our way!

Personally it will be very cathartic to see the Westminster cabal and the media freak out about us being the Daddy after May! Better Together!

If you're English the end of the Union is bliss.

Such a shame oil has crashed and even wee Jimmy Crankie will confine herself to whining rather than actually trying to break off the teat.

Edited by bogbrush

Such a shame oil has crashed and even wee Jimmy Crankie will confine herself to whining rather than actually trying to break off the teat.

Aye, it's collapsed to prices unseen since umm...2009.

A formal LabCon coalition (it would be a surprise if the Libdems weren't also given an informal role in such a coalition) would be a real turn up for the books (not saying it couldn't happen) for most people as it would likely fragment their propagated perception of the order of things and make them consider the reality of UK politics/power.

That is their propagated perception of political left and right/political goodevil, evilgood and suchlike.

Likely things would never be the same again.

Edited by billybong

If you're English the end of the Union is bliss.

Keep telling yourself that! If Scotland was such a huge drain on the rest of the UK then the better together campaign would never have exsisted. Scotland contributes the most towards the UK in taxes only behind London and the South East. The irony of someone from Liverpool claiming the Scots are the ones on the teat is pretty hillarious!

The Scots are going to get our monies worth out of the union until we finally get our freedom hopefully within 10 years. I hope you enjoy being the second class citizens for the next 5 years. We have had 700 years of it.

Ha ha. The unionist's must be cacking themselves to be stooping to this pathetic level. A lovely wee cartoon from the Union loving Guardian:

bellend.jpg

Better together!

post-39571-0-82804600-1425899366_thumb.jpg

Labour/Tories are more or less the same party (run by the rich for the rich etc).

If the SNP does have the kingpin role in a coalition do you think they would try and get any renter friendly/HPC policies in to apply in England as they have done in Scotland?

Labour/Tories are more or less the same party (run by the rich for the rich etc).

If the SNP does have the kingpin role in a coalition do you think they would try and get any renter friendly/HPC policies in to apply in England as they have done in Scotland?

I think there is a better chance of HPC friendly policies being brought in if the SNP are part of government. More of the same if either Lab or the Tories get a majority. An SNP government lending votes on an issue by issue basis might be the best thing to ever happen to England. That is why there is so much anti Scottish reteric being in the media at the moment. The powers that be want things to continue as is.

The SNP are considered to have been an excellent administration in Scotland. They govern for the people's benefit. You just have to watch First Ministers questions to see how weak the other parties are in comparison:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b054g5dc/scottish-first-ministers-questions-05032015

Keep telling yourself that! If Scotland was such a huge drain on the rest of the UK then the better together campaign would never have exsisted. Scotland contributes the most towards the UK in taxes only behind London and the South East. The irony of someone from Liverpool claiming the Scots are the ones on the teat is pretty hillarious!

The Scots are going to get our monies worth out of the union until we finally get our freedom hopefully within 10 years. I hope you enjoy being the second class citizens for the next 5 years. We have had 700 years of it.

Firstly you are saying Scotland is a net giver with the Scottish tax take being so high but then going on to say that English citizens are the second class ones,

which one is it to be?I am interested

Firstly you are saying Scotland is a net giver with the Scottish tax take being so high but then going on to say that English citizens are the second class ones,

which one is it to be?I am interested

I think it is pretty clear what I am saying.

The Scots are currently treated by the English media and government as second class citizens even though we contribute more than most of England. Come May, if the SNP are king makers, then the English will be getting a taste of your own medicine.

Here are some examples of the English medias hatred of the Scots:

allanmassiethamesblood1.jpg

post-39571-0-32516700-1425911224_thumb.jpg

I think it is pretty clear what I am saying.

The Scots are currently treated by the English media and government as second class citizens even though we contribute more than most of England. Come May, if the SNP are king makers, then the English will be getting a taste of your own medicine.

Here are some examples of the English medias hatred of the Scots:

attachicon.gifallanmassiethamesblood1.jpg

I was referring to your statements of financial facts, not MSM opinion,

am still interested as to which one you think Scotland is in that area, a giver or a taker, can you back it up with some stats

I don't care if you believe what I say or not. Come May, if the SNP are the king makers, it will be party time in Scotland! The photos I posted above will be tame comapred to what the MSM will be printing. The Scots won't care though as the wealth will be flowing north and the English will hate us for it. Independence will then only be a matter of time. The unionists should have let us go the first time around. Now England will have to suffer because of your biased media and crooked politicians.

Who's the Daddy!

I don't care if you believe what I say or not. Come May, if the SNP are the king makers, it will be party time in Scotland! The photos I posted above will be tame comapred to what the MSM will be printing. The Scots won't care though as the wealth will be flowing north and the English will hate us for it. Independence will then only be a matter of time. The unionists should have let us go the first time around. Now England will have to suffer because of your biased media and crooked politicians.

Who's the Daddy!

clearly not you

You have missed my point entirely, I simply asked you to clarify your own points, going into some sort of rant doesn't detract from the fact you haven't answer my simply question, on one hand you are stating Scotland are net givers but then go onto add that you are taking the money while it lasts,

It's not that difficult, FWIW I don't really have a great interest in whether Scotland remains dependant (or not) or independant, I'd just like to see some facts from you to back your point

clearly not you

You have missed my point entirely, I simply asked you to clarify your own points, going into some sort of rant doesn't detract from the fact you haven't answer my simply question, on one hand you are stating Scotland are net givers but then go onto add that you are taking the money while it lasts,

It's not that difficult, FWIW I don't really have a great interest in whether Scotland remains dependant (or not) or independant, I'd just like to see some facts from you to back your point

Scotland contribute more than most of England. We will happily take extra if we can get it. Even better when it furthers the cause.

We are dependant on no one. Your MSM and government would like you to believe otherwise however!

I was referring to your statements of financial facts, not MSM opinion,

am still interested as to which one you think Scotland is in that area, a giver or a taker, can you back it up with some stats

Scotland, pretty consistently, enjoys a better budget balance than the rUK, see page 20 here.

http://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn135.pdf

Scottish tax receipts per capita are historically higher than the rUK's.

http://www.gov.scot/resource/0041/00418381.pdf

Scotland is, without doubt, a giver. Up until recently, we have been told the opposite has been the case. The question is now, since the referendum was a no, how much of the bitter together bs was true or not?

Spmeof the article is nonsense, but it is amusing that Westminster wanted to keep the Scottish constituencies, but wouldn't be happy if they actually use their vote.

The UK constitution has been a dog's dinner for centuries and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Spmeof the article is nonsense, but it is amusing that Westminster wanted to keep the Scottish constituencies, but wouldn't be happy if they actually use their vote.

The UK constitution has been a dog's dinner for centuries and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Indeed. South Lorne will be along soon to point that out :) Or in the South Lorne style :rolleyes:

Scotland, pretty consistently, enjoys a better budget balance than the rUK, see page 20 here.

http://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn135.pdf

Scottish tax receipts per capita are historically higher than the rUK's.

http://www.gov.scot/resource/0041/00418381.pdf

Scotland is, without doubt, a giver. Up until recently, we have been told the opposite has been the case. The question is now, since the referendum was a no, how much of the bitter together bs was true or not?

Thank you,