House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

How Honest Are You?

So, would you have returned the money? Go on tell the truth now! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31780074

That aside, I must confess to being slightly dismayed that this is what passes for/qualifies these days to be a worthy news story to make it to the BBC news website - even if it is for the local Essex news section. Surely there must be more significant goings on in the backwaters of Essex more worthy of reporting? OR....is it that such displays of honesty are deemed so rare these days that this in itself is newsworthy?!

So, would you have returned the money? Go on tell the truth now! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31780074

That aside, I must confess to being slightly dismayed that this is what passes for/qualifies these days to be a worthy news story to make it to the BBC news website - even if it is for the local Essex news section. Surely there must be more significant goings on in the backwaters of Essex more worthy of reporting? OR....is it that such displays of honesty are deemed so rare these days that this in itself is newsworthy?!

Can't be arsed to read it. But if that's the parking meter jackpot story, I'd do the same as in the money-found-on-the-pavement scenario and put it in a charity box.

I'd have kept it. Local authorities make too much money from and have too much reliance on income from car parks and have actively assisted in the demise of the high street in the pursuit of their own pensions and selfishness.

I would have kept it.

My mum told me a story once about when she was a poor student - she was in a pub with friends and found a thick roll of notes all wrapped up in an elastic band. She didn't count it, so not sure how much, but probably a fair bit. What did she do? Handed it over to the bar staff!

A very honest thing to do, of course. But I did point out to her two things - it was probably a drug dealers wedge (who keeps that kind of cash wrapped up in a roll?!), and that the bar staff most likely just pocketed it, like she should have :D