House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

"my Number Plate Could Have Cost £1M"

I do have (I think) a personal number plate on one car! It just came with it! I don't care, but I wouldn't pay extra for it!

However, you HPC thrifty lot could get me MRP1N, if you all clubbed together. And I would look like a total plonker

I don't understand paying money to have personalised plate. Surely nobody on this forum would do such a narcissistic thing would they?

I don't understand paying money to have personalised plate. Surely nobody on this forum would do such a narcissistic thing would they?

Certainly not.

!Bdwn,cg!mk~$(KGrHqIOKiYEq4I,NImyBK6WYFT

Shouldn't think so....but if desperate could always cut out letters and numbers of choice from some sticky back plastic and stick to rear bumper for similar effect. ;)

I think personalised plates are a great idea. They raise revenue for the gubmint from auctions of new ones. No-one needs to buy them so they are not taxing anything essential. The prices are basically a tax on vanity, and anyone who spends a load on one is gambling on a greater fool wanting it in due course.

Also they are an easy way to spot a narcisstic driver from a safe distance.

I believe the fine for having a false numberplate is only a few hundred quid, so it would make more sense just to have fake plates made up and pay the occasional fine, rather than spend hundreds of thousands of quid on one.

I am vain, so I may get a fake plate P155 FLAP.

i remember reading a thread on a forum years ago about a little old lady selling a morris miner with abc 123 as the reg , needless to say the old girl did not know the plate was worth thousands , i recall the guy paying £800 for the car

First thing i'd do in government is to have a new american style plate system, where people can choose pretty much whatever they want, instead of paying thousands for some semi-legible half-numerical vanity plate...see how all the fools dropping tens of thousands on the damn things would feel then.

Personalised number plates say a lot about a person, not all of it good. when the personalised number plate is on a white Range Rover that has been Overfinched, that says a lot about a person non of it good.