House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

Investors Wake Up...equities Mispriced As A General Election Looms

And John major also seeing sabotage. Perhaps we should have just gotten the independence thing over with last year...at least the Markets would have been clear as to where we stood.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11453032/Sir-John-Major-tells-Ed-Miliband-Rule-out-coalition-with-SNP-to-save-the-UK.html

Edited by crashmonitor

Did the tories sabotage the independence election in Scotland ?

For me, the governments actions was one of the most shameful things I have ever witnessed.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Did the tories sabotage the independence election in Scotland ?

For me, the governments actions was one of the most shameful things I have ever witnessed.

Well the Government did what Government's do best, thought it might lose and decided to try and cheat. At the time the SNP appeared to hold all the aces...with oil at $60 it turned out the hand wasn't that strong.

Edited by crashmonitor

Most particularly with the SNP apparently hell back on sabotage to meet their independence aims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11453365/Wake-up-investors-this-election-will-cause-chaos-in-the-financial-markets.html

What is this guy on? Whatever it is I want some of it.

So he says "but this time may be different". Really...

Mr Heath also says we're going to have chaos but fails to say if that chaos will result in the market going up, down or stagnating. I guess that guarantees he'll be right...

What a waste of 1 minute of my life.

414 words about absolutely nothing. I can only guess they pay him by the word because it's clearly not on article quality or educational value.

I didnt click on it. You know it will say in so many words "vote tory or the world will end"

Ken Baker today urging a Tory/Labour coalition to keep SNP out.

Theyve all been handed the script. Next 8 wks will be full on fearmongering.

Edited by R K

It sounds as if this general election could well be one with a hundreds of open letters being issued by the VIs. Like during the Scottish independence vote.

Mr Brown is likely burning the midnight oil right penning his latest open letter missive to the UK electorate with a timescale, a list of dooms plus a list of benefits from voting for the Labour affiliate of the LibLabCon.

Edited by billybong

Sir John’s comments will have extra resonance because he is a former Prime Minister who is no longer involved in frontline politics

On the other hand he did manage to hand a most massive majority to NuLabour who then proceeded to wreck the UK economy in one of the most destructive eras.

His concern for the UK does seem to jar a bit.

Edited by billybong

I think it'll be the casualty whatever happens. There's too much debt to pay back.

Yes

Fear the strength of the US dollar

The dollar rises, so the USA will have to announce QE 4 and then stocks will go up again, how many times can they do this cycle before something breaks?

The telegraph is rapidly turning into a daily mail clone - all outrage and no substance

Very True. Although the political leanings of the paper were never my cup of tea it was always worth reading for the quality of its journalism. Now it is just reactionary clickbait.

Fear the strength of the US dollar

The dollar rises, so the USA will have to announce QE 4 and then stocks will go up again, how many times can they do this cycle before something breaks?

I have watched her videos before - she is very good IMPO.

An explosion of dollar-denominated debt in Emerging Markets post 2008? Now imagine the size of the derivatives market that's been created to park those dollars 'profitably'.