House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Aldi Or Lidl?

Or Waitrose. I have really gone off Lidl and Aldi; too many 'not quite right' experiences with some of their foodstuffs.

When it is gone it is gone.....something else then appears....not for those who prefer consistency.....but far better than confusing 2 for 3 deals that encourage over spending and buying more than needed, ie waste.....no fancy discount cards and tokens.........simple pricing, what you see is what you get, if you know what you are getting, all customers treated fairly and equally.

Aldi = 1 mile, Lidl = 10 miles. Therefore Aldi > Lidl

Tesco = 1/2 mile, Sainsbury = 1/4 mile, Aldi >> Tesco/Sainsbury

Morrisons.........the butcher, greengrocer, fishmonger, baker and the candlestick maker.........none of them are all things to all people......mix and match. ;)

Morrisons.........the butcher, greengrocer, fishmonger, baker and the candlestick maker.........none of them are all things to all people......mix and match. ;)

Morrisons = 8 miles = DNQ

Guest eight

Neither. I've got better things to do with my time that shop with pikeys and engage in food roulette (ok or rank). There is a reason why both are cheap and it is because they are crap.

I love comments like this - they just confirm to me that the writer has never actually shopped there and are playing to baseless prejudice. Still, it seems there's a concerted effort going on to disparage Aldi/Lidl's offerings in the run up to the big Christmas shop.

"Big Four" (that's always sounded a bit cartel-esque to me) getting a bit nervous?

Aldi has hotter checkout assistants.

There's one at mind who looks a lot like Natalie Imbruglaiaiiiaia used too. Though I think the Scottish bird at Lidl was hotter TBH, bit curvier which hits the bendy spot! (not obese mind!)

I was unaware of this phenomenon as I don't shop there. I'll make a special trip to my local one. Probably won't be the case near me as there are a lot of munters around.

Aldi = 1 mile, Lidl = 10 miles. Therefore Aldi > Lidl

Tesco = 1/2 mile, Sainsbury = 1/4 mile, Aldi >> Tesco/Sainsbury

Tesco 5 minutes' walk, nearest Aldi and / or Lidl probably about 8 miles, therefore Tesco.

More so in France. One girl used to turn up on a scooter wearing fishnets and a miniskirt..you don't seem to get that in Lancashire :blink: With my poor French I made the mistake of saying 'Merci Madame' instead of 'mademoiselle' as I left the checkout, if looks could kill...