House Price Crash Forum

Fare Dodger Who Forged His Own Fake First Class Train Tickets At Home Using A Computer Is Ordered To Pay Back £17,000 - Or Go To Prison For A Year

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2981229/Fare-dodger-forged-fake-class-train-tickets-home-using-computer-ordered-pay-17-000-prison-year.html

A fare dodger who was caught forging his own first class train tickets has been ordered to pay back £17,000.

Mark Mason, 44, parked in executive car parks and enjoyed luxury travel across the country for free using the fake first class rail and parking tickets.

A search of the fraudster's home revealed a sophisticated forgery set-up which included fake and genuine tickets, glossy photographic paper, computers and printers, as well as craft knives, scissors and a cutting board.

The article doesn't say how he managed to get past the ticket barriers.

However he clearly has forgery talent they should employ him at the BoE and put him in charge of QE.

HOLA442

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2981229/Fare-dodger-forged-fake-class-train-tickets-home-using-computer-ordered-pay-17-000-prison-year.html

However he clearly has forgery talent they should employ him at the BoE and put him in charge of QE.

I believe every automatic barrier will have a disability access side, for people with wheel chairs, pushchairs etc - where wait, for it, a person checks your ticket. No need to run it through the machine, so it checks the black strip.

HOLA443

I believe every automatic barrier will have a disability access side, for people with wheel chairs, pushchairs etc - where wait, for it, a person checks your ticket. No need to run it through the machine, so it checks the black strip.

So he was indirectly creating employment. He should ask the union to chip in for his fine.

HOLA444

I heard that GCHQ will be recruiting from mumsnet..... http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/05/intelligence-agencies-mi5-m16-gchq-target-mumsnet-women

Hey maybe there are headhunters on HPC - I'm for hire for Mi5 or any hedgefund who wants to pay £1m plus per annum!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Hey maybe there are headhunters on HPC - I'm for hire for Mi5 or any hedgefund who wants to pay £1m plus per annum!

And I'm available to any foreign agencies at double the rate to spy on our spies spying on us..

:D

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

His big mistake was not being either foreign, a woman or having a viable sob story.

Such as the woman who falsely claimed £66,000 in benefits. Her punishment is to repay at £28.20 a month, and carry out 100 hours community service.

What a country we live in!

HOLA4417

"The British Transport Police investigation began in autumn 2013 when East Coast Trains station support staff saw Mason's black Vauxhall Meriva car on several occasions in the Executive Car Park at Doncaster train station.

Various ticket discrepancies were noted including an expired ticket and tickets with wrong colours, no date and time"

Sounds like, like so many 'trying to be clever' petty criminals, that his downfall was (i) needlessly attracting attention to himself, and (ii) getting complacent and sloppy.

IF one is going to do this sort of thing then i guess you need to stay on your guard and double check everything all the time. He was probably lucky and saw how easy it was to get away with it first time, second time, third time....and then became careless in neglecting the details on the tickets - which the inspectors will be trained to spot at a cursory glance. If you don't occasionally buy a real ticket from time to time then you won't know if there have been any changes to the style/format/colour/etc.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

"The British Transport Police investigation began in autumn 2013 when East Coast Trains station support staff saw Mason's black Vauxhall Meriva car on several occasions in the Executive Car Park at Doncaster train station.

Various ticket discrepancies were noted including an expired ticket and tickets with wrong colours, no date and time"

Sounds like, like so many 'trying to be clever' petty criminals, that his downfall was (i) needlessly attracting attention to himself, and (ii) getting complacent and sloppy.

IF one is going to do this sort of thing then i guess you need to stay on your guard and double check everything all the time. He was probably lucky and saw how easy it was to get away with it first time, second time, third time....and then became careless in neglecting the details on the tickets - which the inspectors will be trained to spot at a cursory glance. If you don't occasionally buy a real ticket from time to time then you won't know if there have been any changes to the style/format/colour/etc.

Nope. His mistake was coming from Doncaster and printing a return ticket FFS!

I use the train a lot. They are shifting a lot of people these days.

Some train compnaies ought to be took to caught for providing a fake service

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Not with trucrypt any more.

Although the announcement of the termination of development was extremely odd, there is no evidence that Truecrypt is not secure.

If anything, it looks like the devs were leaned on to put in backdoors and refused to do so, stopping development.

HOLA4423

Comments about what first class is - whatever it is it still doesn't manage some things that third class (which was really second class since second had gone at the time) managed many decades ago, such as seats that all line up perfectly with the windows, yet people keep telling me that there's nothing wrong with the modern railway compared to the old one.

As for ticket barriers, not every station has them. Can't remember when I last used a station that does. Once or twice I've had a free journey simply because there was no means of buying one (the guard is supposed to turn up sooner or later here if the ticket office is closed, but he doesn't always). Mind you nothing ever shows up that deserves to be called a train, so I guess it works out.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived