House Price Crash Forum

'recruit Women Spies From Mumsnet' Say Senior Politicians

blobloblob

HOLA441

Open goal. Please feel free to help yourself. Mods: feel free to merge with any of the dozens of Mumsnet threads or Deluded Old Scrapper Birds when you've had enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31753961

Forget James Bond, when it comes to recruiting spies needed to protect Britain there aren't enough Jane Bonds.

That's according to a new report by a senior group of MPs.

Parliament's Intelligence and Security Committee said recruiters should try websites like Mumsnet to help increase the proportion of female spies.

It wants more of them working in places like MI5, MI6 and communications spy centre GCHQ.

The report says women in the intelligence services are being held back by a layer of male, middle managers labelled "the permafrost" who have a "very traditional male mentality and outlook".

Mumsnet chief executive Justine Roberts responded to the call for recruiters to use things like her website but we're thinking she wasn't being entirely serious.

"I'm afraid I'm unable to comment as I have an urgent appointment with a rock in St. James's Park."

While the report showed 37% of staff at MI5, MI6 and GCHQ are women, it also pointed out they make up less than one in five senior staff.

However, things have been changing in recent years.

Stella Rimington became the first female boss of MI5 in 1992.

That was three years before actress Judi Dench took over as James Bond's boss, M, in the British film franchise.

In response to the report the government said: "We are committed to ensuring the most talented people succeed and reach top positions, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality or disability."

AIBU to wonder why DD's Noth Korean childminder has installed a missile silo in the playroom?

HOLA442

"We are committed to ensuring the most talented people succeed and reach top positions, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality or disability."

That's why we have to interfere with meritocracy and impose quotas! :rolleyes:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Have you ever been in a pub with a mate who tells you "a bit more then you need to know" after a couple of pints, or the GF, who gives you "more information then you wanted" about a previous partner? Not spies then! :huh: Blabbers! :o

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The Ocado guy asked to use my toilet. I think he did number two! I know....I have a spycam in the bog.

You should have given him a drink of water in the pen1s dunking beaker, that would have learnt him.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived