• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Oxfordshire

12/40 ( above 500K ) : 30%

Wiltshire: 11/30 ( above 315K) : 37%

Essex: 10/30 ( above: 685K ) 33%

Bucks; 11/40 ( above: 450K ) 28%

Like yesterday approx 1/3 of listings at the top end are reductions, another sign that the elusive london buyers are as rare as hobby horse poo.

HOLA443

Oxfordshire

12/40 ( above 500K ) : 30%

Wiltshire: 11/30 ( above 315K) : 37%

Essex: 10/30 ( above: 685K ) 33%

Bucks; 11/40 ( above: 450K ) 28%

Like yesterday approx 1/3 of listings at the top end are reductions, another sign that the elusive london buyers are as rare as hobby horse poo.

Could be the demographics.

A London boom is followed by couples in their 30s + 40s legging town and moving somewhere 'commutable'

This time, the 30s + 40s have been renting. There's no equity.

I say 'commutable' as the cost of commuting and low wages has been shrinking the distance for the last 4 years.

HOLA444

Could be the demographics.

A London boom is followed by couples in their 30s + 40s legging town and moving somewhere 'commutable'

This time, the 30s + 40s have been renting. There's no equity.

I say 'commutable' as the cost of commuting and low wages has been shrinking the distance for the last 4 years.

That must be playing a part too, that and the insane asking prices.

The general trend of asking prices is still 30% above the 2007 madness.

The bottom end of the market in Northants didnt have many drops, the asking prices there are eye-watering, so can only be foreign or BTL buyers if you ask me.

The whole thing is set for a massive correction again.

HOLA445

Today:

Oxfordshire

12/40 ( above 389K) : 30% Same again !!!

Wiltshire: 11/40 ( above 205K) : 28%

Essex: 8/20 ( above: 825K ) 40%

Bucks; 12/30 ( above: 535 ): 40%

Northants: 7/30 ( above 369) : 23%

Kent 10/30 ( above 714K ) : 33%

Top end collapse in the shires looks like it has started.

Most of the places I see dropping have been on the market from Mid to late 2014.

They have missed the boat !!!

HOLA446

House near me went on in early 2014 at £495 and over, dropped to £465 will listen to offers, then £435k and over, now £425k will listen to offers. 3 bed detached split level. So that's a 15% drop and he's not had a sniff. Rural Somerset, although in a 'classy' village which is much higher than surrounding areas.

Nothing around £500k shifting and friend renegotiated sale down 10% due to market, said they'd pull out. Vendor took the offer. Still not enough for me to get involved, this has got some way to play out.

HOLA447

House near me went on in early 2014 at £495 and over, dropped to £465 will listen to offers, then £435k and over, now £425k will listen to offers. 3 bed detached split level. So that's a 15% drop and he's not had a sniff. Rural Somerset, although in a 'classy' village which is much higher than surrounding areas.

Nothing around £500k shifting and friend renegotiated sale down 10% due to market, said they'd pull out. Vendor took the offer. Still not enough for me to get involved, this has got some way to play out.

Somerset last 7 days, over £500K 22/100 - 22%

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

How do you get those figures by the way; I keep looking at Property bee but can't deduce all of these figures; would help lots so thanks if you can help me.

property bee is a plug in for firefox that overlays certain sites like right move with the relevant data, i think it must use the sites web services or api's to build the overlay (ie insertion to the sites pages), its a bit ropey sometimes, but otherwise a god send.

Doesnt work on zoopla or onthemarket, but good on rm, primelocations etv

HOLA4411

How do you get those figures by the way; I keep looking at Property bee but can't deduce all of these figures; would help lots so thanks if you can help me.

Search "somerset" on rightmove.

you then get 10 listings per page.

go through 5 pages and count the number of price drops, failed sales "nulls to available" .

SImples.

What becomes evident is some Eas are listing propertys as just listed when they've been up for months and reduced when the price has not changed.

Got to love property bee

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412

Search "somerset" on rightmove.

you then get 10 listings per page.

go through 5 pages and count the number of price drops, failed sales "nulls to available" .

SImples.

What becomes evident is some Eas are listing propertys as just listed when they've been up for months and reduced when the price has not changed.

Got to love property bee

The house I mentioned above has been delisted and only appears as a new sale at £425k? It's a new agency it is listed with. How do you get around that?

Thanks by the way.

HOLA4413

Mmm, should be pointed out that Somerset is not a Shire county, and much less Thailand last time I checked, but I am aware on how threads can get out of control.

I should also point out that London is not a shire county.

On the ref to Bath, it used to be in Somerset , then changed to Avon, and last I recall was back in Somerset. True, it is surrounded by shire counties though.

So, getting back on thread, I don't see how the shire counties can be grouped with gay abandon as they stretch from the south of England, to the north of England.

HOLA4414

The house I mentioned above has been delisted and only appears as a new sale at £425k? It's a new agency it is listed with. How do you get around that?

Thanks by the way.

Not possible, you'd need to keep a list by yourself.

I still see some houes that have been off and on the market for 7 years getting listed having not sold.

Sometimes., I think i'm going mad/.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

...By the way how do you get PropertyBee to match up with other duplicate (removed) listings? I can't seem to find a way. And I hope can't, in a way, because I'm working on a tool that does this for FF as a plugin to PropertyBee, but it's a few weeks off as I'm doing it in my spare time.

HOLA4418

My software scan of Right move this morning detected 2 'sales' between all the areas it covers (a 'sale' is the removal of a listing that previously had a SSTC status). There were 16 listings removed that did not have a previous status of SSTC, so these, or a proportion of them, could be sales.

But assuming not, that is 2 sales between 5,916 listings in the past 24 hours. The market appears to be grinding to a halt across the country.

HOLA4419

My software scan of Right move this morning detected 2 'sales' between all the areas it covers (a 'sale' is the removal of a listing that previously had a SSTC status). There were 16 listings removed that did not have a previous status of SSTC, so these, or a proportion of them, could be sales.

But assuming not, that is 2 sales between 5,916 listings in the past 24 hours. The market appears to be grinding to a halt across the country.

I believe it is grinding to a halt it is astonishing just how many for sales have appeared round mine.

Like I always said its nice to tell yourself your house is worth a half a million but with no decent jobs and a nonsense economy unless you find a lottery winner nobody will buy it. Personally if I won lottery I would be off on an island not living in fecking england!

HOLA4420

I'm sure a proportion of them will be sales. Its such a shame proper market data is not available.

However not surprised market has ground to halt. Why buy now? You'd wait till the election at least.

HOLA4421

Mmm, should be pointed out that Somerset is not a Shire county, and much less Thailand last time I checked, but I am aware on how threads can get out of control.

I should also point out that London is not a shire county.

On the ref to Bath, it used to be in Somerset , then changed to Avon, and last I recall was back in Somerset. True, it is surrounded by shire counties though.

So, getting back on thread, I don't see how the shire counties can be grouped with gay abandon as they stretch from the south of England, to the north of England.

too true - shire counties are those where the main town/city is suffixed by the word shire - other counties have different reasons for their names

:) at 'gay abandon'

Have always lived in 'shires' - it is a predominently middle/north of England nomenclature - lacking imagination in those parts no doubt !

Edited by olliegog

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

NN1 + 15 miles,

last 24 hours:

23/53: 43%

Alarm bells should be ringing for the sheeple soon.

Still seeing some stuff being listed at 30% more than it would be 18 months ago though.

Maybe the agents are expecting a burst of new buyers after the election when the new QE/Help TO Bankers 3 scheme is announced.....

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4424
HOLA4425