House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Instead Of Scrapping The Bbc Licence Fee They Want To Make It Compulsory For All Households!

They are bleeding money because of the people who don't buy a licence.

If they push this through then problem solved with no chance of anyone avoiding.

It's a fooking cheek.

Much the same as paying for the NHS irrespective of how much you use it, or bailing out the indebted even if you have gone without so as not to have got into debt.

Not the same at all. One is a tv, the others are universal healthcare availability and the offset to your savings.

I hadn't used the NHS for 50 years (wasn't even born in hospital) until I suddenly had a stroke.

I suppose some people suddenly get the urge to watch some crap on TV,

No surprise this came from a BBC teet sucker. Any fee was difficult to justify thirty years ago, in the digital age it's impossible. The BBC's days are numbered.

I guess the question is, if you had to pay a subscription fee to watch the bbc would you? If most people would say no, then it is hard to justify the licence fee. We watch stuff on Netflix far more than on the bbc and it is much cheaper, so I probably wouldn't bother. I would miss R4 however...

Ah but what about all those expats. It should be extended to all holding a UK passport. They could watch the BBC for free abroad!

Why stop at TV?

Lets have a levy of all entertainment - state subsided music!

<Think of most annoying popular beat combo> paid for by taxation!

Peter Andre - paid by me!

Jive Bunny - paid by me!!!!

Any fee was difficult to justify thirty years ago, in the digital age it's impossible. The BBC's days are numbered.

That's their issue, people who don't own a TV using iPlayer to view BBC content.

There was a nauseous interview on radio 4 today. The BBC bigwig being interviewed claimed he couldn't possibly comment on HSBC because an HSBC bigwig was one of the committee evaluating the BBC licence fee...but that finely tuned instinct for playing with a straight bat didn't prevent him then using the airways to deliver a lengthy sermon about how the BBC deserves more money. And instead of the interviewer hitting him with some tough questions, all she did was fawn and facilitate and then fawn some more.

I spent most of my working life in the commercial media sector, one of the things that most grated amongst my colleagues and I was that the BBC claim not to carry any advertising. That's patently untrue, they advertise their own programmes and they use the broadcast resources of the BBC to promote their own interests.

bbc poll tax

bbc poll tax

bbc poll tax

... just think of it as that.

If you can , go LEGALLY LICENCE FREE.

save yourself money and don't pollute your mind with this crap.

Have a look over at the tv license resistance forum.

I spent most of my working life in the commercial media sector, one of the things that most grated amongst my colleagues and I was that the BBC claim not to carry any advertising. That's patently untrue, they advertise their own programmes and they use the broadcast resources of the BBC to promote their own interests.

I can't listen to pop music on the radio in the UK. BBC Radio One is nothing more than a non-stop commercial for their celebritard presenters. They spend more time spouting mindless drivel then they do playing music and more than half the time they end up talking over any song they do occasionally play. How many people would actually pay to subscribe to Radio One?

I actively avoid BBC and CH4 because of the propaganda.

Firstly you have the blatant Benefits street type programs paid for by the conservatives.

Next you have The Agenda News - more propaganda.

Next you have Eastenders - This is what we want you to feel Britain is like, this is how you should live.

Then you have the One show.. Good input their from "the agenda".

Then the property shows... Crusty Allslop and feck face.

You have the circus celebrity distraction crap - this is what you can be like if you work hard rubbish.

You now have Debt Collector reality tv - Work hard pay your bills or we will get you..

It never stops, why the heck anyone would watch it is beyond me.

God knows what they're brainwashing the kids with. A load of PC crap I expect.

I can't listen to pop music on the radio in the UK. BBC Radio One is nothing more than a non-stop commercial for their celebritard presenters. They spend more time spouting mindless drivel then they do playing music and more than half the time they end up talking over any song they do occasionally play. How many people would actually pay to subscribe to Radio One?

Nice, white middle class 'kids' trying to be bad, poor black kids.

That d1ck from the radio show - nick grimshaw - comedy fashion victim.

Exactly, why would you when you can listen to Absolute Radio/80's/90's/00's/Rock for free.

Next you have Eastenders - This is what we want you to feel Britain is like, this is how you should live.

They want me to live like that ? :blink:

Best stimulus for emigration I've had.

Edited by LiveinHope

Exactly, why would you when you can listen to Absolute Radio/80's/90's/00's/Rock for free.

The recorded voice over guy does my tits in. Can't lesson to it.

If they do change it, they should make you enter your licence number to view iplayer.

However, if it was compulsory per household why not just add it to council tax - something already established, rather than their endless letters and goons knocking on your door.

I also think it's wrong that it's a criminal offence to watch live TV without a licence, rather than a civil offence! The most common crime in the UK is licence evasion.

It's like they deliberately want to stir up dissent. If they wanted to quietly secure the BBC's revenue they would cancel the license fee and fund it from general taxation QE. But no, they prefer to impose a new BBC Poll Tax instead.