House Price Crash Forum

Political Parties 'wake Up' To Housing Crisis

HOLA441

http://news.sky.com/story/1436932/political-parties-wake-up-to-housing-crisis

My comment, lets see if it is posted:

"Yeah right, if they were that bothered they'd have let prices continue collapsing in 2007 instead we got....Q.E. HTB1, HTB2, (HTB3 as of yest ) , FLS, State backed sub-prime lending, mass immigration, ultra low interest rates, support of foreign buyers/investors unconditional support of the banking system and mass pro house price propaganda.

To try and pretend they will do something about this two months BEFORE an election is a slap in the face for every hard working decent young person or familly in the country.

The bankers have robbed us blind and the government have been loading up the van for them.

I am ashamed to have voted tory at the last election, ashamed."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I'm also ashamed -- but now I don't know who to vote for!

Have a look at the poll for your seat the day before the election and vote for the person most likely to beat the tories.

The main trouble in the UK we have is no matter who we vote for the establishment is in charge.

There is no democracy, never has been, never will be until we have a written constitution, for the 99%ers and all "historical" land owners land being taken into government ownership for the benefit of the country.

That wont happen without a lot of trouble....so you might as well move somewhere else that's already been through that.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444

I'm also ashamed -- but now I don't know who to vote for!

How about spoiling your ballot? Since we don't have a "none of the above" option, it's a reasonably active way to register your dissatisfaction with the status quo.

In my opinion, the people who either don't vote or vote for the "least worst" party are simply voting indirectly to keep the current stench ridden cesspit that passes for our political spectrum. I appreciate that a few spoiled ballots are hardly going to change things, but if enough people do it, we might at least get a debate started about reform.

HOLA445

Have a look at the poll for your seat the day before the election and vote for the person most likely to beat the tories.

The main trouble in the UK we have is no matter who we vote for the establishment is in charge.

There is no democracy, never has been, never will be until we have a written constitution, for the 99%ers and all "historical" land owners land being taken into government ownership for the benefit of the country.

That wont happen without a lot of trouble....so you might as well move somewhere else that's already been through that.

Yes I think votes for non-establishment parties - greens, Ukip, SNP, Plaid, Loonies, Communists, whatever... doesn't matter how flakey they are, how 'un-professional' they come across - the point is they are a real threat to the establishment consensus if enough people vote for them.

A vote for con, or lab, or libdem, is a vote for the status quo.

HOLA446

Been sitting here with my charts and my laptop open and for a change decided to have 'daytime tv' on. We have two state broadcasters BBC1 and C4 constantly ramping property throughout the day.

The final straw was A Place in the Sun, where a boomer couple were funding an overseas retirement home from a Buy To Let mortgage on their UK home. Its so good that there is a pool of willing debt/rent mules around to fund their retirement.

Not only that, they were considering a new build on a large complex which were it built in the UK, would doubtless be vehemently opposed.

It was very hard not to lob a brick at the TV.

HOLA447

Been sitting here with my charts and my laptop open and for a change decided to have 'daytime tv' on. We have two state broadcasters BBC1 and C4 constantly ramping property throughout the day.

The final straw was A Place in the Sun, where a boomer couple were funding an overseas retirement home from a Buy To Let mortgage on their UK home. Its so good that there is a pool of willing debt/rent mules around to fund their retirement.

Not only that, they were considering a new build on a large complex which were it built in the UK, would doubtless be vehemently opposed.

It was very hard not to lob a brick at the TV.

This has been the biggest influence on my desire to see the BBC privatised. Turn the TV on in the day and its just programme after programme showcasing and promoting greedy behaviour; property programs (e.g., homes under the hammer), cash-making programs (e.g., cash in the attic, bargain hunt). Bunch of *****.

Edited by btl_hater

HOLA448

How about spoiling your ballot?

I would but they wont let you go to the toilet with the ballot paper.

Since we don't have a "none of the above" option, it's a reasonably active way to register your dissatisfaction with the status quo.

Yeah, that'll scare them :lol: I would do this if there was a growing movement to do it and thought they'd take some notice of it.

#NoneOfTheAbove

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

There is a housing crisis....20% off an overpriced box is an insult......homes should be 50% cheaper.

Very few first time buyer property now exist that are for sale, turnover has slummed....1. because they have been purchased as a long-term investment so remain off the market for 20 or more years. 2. the people who have recently purchased them can't afford to sell them and move on...some are hanging onto them via interest only so will not be selling any time soon.....it is a national disgrace. ;)

HOLA4412

There is a housing crisis....20% off an overpriced box is an insult......homes should be 50% cheaper.

Very few first time buyer property now exist that are for sale, turnover has slummed....1. because they have been purchased as a long-term investment so remain off the market for 20 or more years. 2. the people who have recently purchased them can't afford to sell them and move on...some are hanging onto them via interest only so will not be selling any time soon.....it is a national disgrace. ;)

The housing crisis in pictures:

espyrami.jpg

HOLA4413

Yeah, that'll scare them :lol: I would do this if there was a growing movement to do it and thought they'd take some notice of it.

#NoneOfTheAbove

Who said anything about scaring them? Spoiled ballots get counted. They are different from not voting because they show that you've actually got off your **** to get the the polling station, and made your point that none of them represent your interests. If enough people did it, your movement would grow.

HOLA4414

Don't spoil your ballot. They don't care and the more people who don't vote just makes it easier for the status quo to continue. Just vote for smaller parties to break up the bankers/big business/1% LibLabCon stranglehold.

I can't bring myself to vote for a turd that is a little bit less smelly than all the other turds. It's just not a rational thing to do.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Get yourself a postal vote. You can s**t on that.

On second thoughts that's probably against Post Office regulations so you can send a photo instead. :wacko:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I can't see how spoiling your vote or not voting will do anything other than allow the pensioner & boomer vote decide the outcome.

I'm going to vote green to break up the big establishment party's .

I don't mean to offend, but other than the EU question, UKIP appear to be a Tory party by another name. I can't expect much change from them either.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I can't see how spoiling your vote or not voting will do anything other than allow the pensioner & boomer vote decide the outcome.

I'm going to vote green to break up the big establishment party's .

I don't mean to offend, but other than the EU question, UKIP appear to be a Tory party by another name. I can't expect much change from them either.

Ditto x 2