House Price Crash Forum

"But 150,000 people smoke [marijuana] here and I couldn't leave them at the mercy of drugs traffickers," he says. "It's easier to control something if it's legal and that's why we've done this."

Good.

An incredible man and one who should have had more publicity in office. Thank you for posting.

Plenty on youtube but you will find very little on/in the MSM ...can`t have people getting the wrong idea <_<

Edited by long time lurking

Politicians are frightened of the people obtaining drugs that give them visions and clarity. They are afraid that within days the people will wake from their slumber and see straight through the lies, propaganda and advertorials. Alcohol is allowed as it has the opposite effect of and obscuring thought and distracts people from the reality.

Politicians are frightened of the people obtaining drugs that give them visions and clarity. They are afraid that within days the people will wake from their slumber and see straight through the lies, propaganda and advertorials. Alcohol is allowed as it has the opposite effect of and obscuring thought and distracts people from the reality.

The man is not all about legalising drugs (his reason for this was to remove the drug dealers and the trouble that comes with it from society) his morals are something to behold and something i fear the west will never see in any politician thats holding the reins of power

Well worth watching to a few vids on Youtube even if it makes you even more pi$$ed with the political situation here

absolutely spot on, Why is DMT the most despised drug by the authorities? despite being completely natural. Is it becuase people take it and stop playing the "game". If DMT was freely available people would not be taking on 10x mortgages lol

absolutely spot on, Why is DMT the most despised drug by the authorities? despite being completely natural. Is it becuase people take it and stop playing the "game". If DMT was freely available people would not be taking on 10x mortgages lol

I think people taking DMT stop playing any game when under the influence

I think people taking DMT stop playing any game when under the influence

Yup, stopped chasing career or mortgage and pursued something more personally fulfilling. I know a couple who almost immediately gave up there shit jobs they hated rented out there house and pursued there dreams instead. They choose a humble life of low consumption now and are much happier for it.

Technically though we are all DMT users some of us just get up and go to work

If we lived within our means - by being prudent - the 7 billion people in the world could have everything they needed. Global politics should be moving in that direction. But we think as people and countries, not as a species.

Jose Mujica

‘World’s Poorest President’ Explains Why We Should Kick Rich People Out Of Politics

worlds-poorest-president-explains-why-we

People who like money too much ought to be kicked out of politics, Uruguayan President José Mujica told CNN en Español in an interview posted online Wednesday.

“We invented this thing called representative democracy, where we say the majority is who decides,” Mujica said in the interview. “So it seems to me that we [heads of state] should live like the majority and not like the minority.”

Dubbed the “World’s Poorest President” in a widely circulated BBC piece from 2012, Mujica reportedly donates 90 percent of his salary to charity. Mujica’s example offers a strong contrast to the United States, where in politics the median member of Congress is worth more than $1 million and corporations have many of the same rights as individuals when it comes to donating to political campaigns.

“The red carpet, people who play — those things,” Mujica said, mimicking a person playing a cornet. “All those things are feudal leftovers. And the staff that surrounds the president are like the old court.”

Mujica explained that he didn’t have anything against rich people, per se, but he doesn’t think they do a good job representing the interests of the majority of people who aren’t rich. “I’m not against people who have money, who like money, who go crazy for money,” Mujica said. “But in politics we have to separate them. We have to run people who love money too much out of politics, they’re a danger in politics… People who love money should dedicate themselves to industry, to commerce, to multiply wealth. But politics is the struggle for the happiness of all.”

Asked why rich people make bad representatives of poor people, Mujica said: “They tend to view the world through their perspective, which is the perspective of money. Even when operating with good intentions, the perspective they have of the world, of life, of their decisions, is informed by wealth. If we live in a world where the majority is supposed to govern, we have to try to root our perspective in that of the majority, not the minority.”

Mujica has become well known for rejecting the symbols of wealth. In an interview in May, he lashed out against neckties in comments on Spanish television that went viral.

“The tie is a useless rag that constrains your neck,” Mujica said during the interview. “I’m an enemy of consumerism. Because of this hyperconsumerism, we’re forgetting about fundamental things and wasting human strength on frivolities that have little to do with human happiness.”

He lives on a small farm on the outskirts of the capital of Montevideo with his wife, Uruguayan Sen. Lucia Topolansky and their three-legged dog Manuela. He says he rejects materialism because it would rob him of the time he uses to enjoy his passions, like tending to his flower farm and working outside. “I don’t have the hands of a president,” Mujica told CNN. “They’re kind of mangled.”

Written by Roque Planas of www.huffingtonpost.com

Edited by tyres

I can never fathom anyone thinking that taking a drug is a good way to address life choices. Just work things out and get on with it.

As for the idea that if we all shared everything out everyone would have enough, that is compelling logic for 7 year olds but unworthy of adults.

Progress requires drive and ambition. Ambition can be fuelled by gain, which is the opposite of sharing out. The trick is to make sure that this doesn't extend to monopoly control of unique shared assets (land being the most obvious). After that it also fair.

I can never fathom anyone thinking that taking a drug is a good way to address life choices. Just work things out and get on with it.

As for the idea that if we all shared everything out everyone would have enough, that is compelling logic for 7 year olds but unworthy of adults.

Progress requires drive and ambition. Ambition can be fuelled by gain, which is the opposite of sharing out. The trick is to make sure that this doesn't extend to monopoly control of unique shared assets (land being the most obvious). After that it also fair.

Maybe it takes a paradigm shift in what 'gain' actually means.

I'd argue that the brightest people of all aren't driven by money at all. Einstein almost killed himself completing General Relativity. Curie did kill herself for her work. Niether were driven by money but were incredibly ambitious.

Maybe it takes a paradigm shift in what 'gain' actually means.

I'd argue that the brightest people of all aren't driven by money at all. Einstein almost killed himself completing General Relativity. Curie did kill herself for her work. Niether were driven by money but were incredibly ambitious.

Yup ,success seems to mean one thing these days and thats money the more you have the more successful you must be

I can only think of very few people I really admire who had a lot of cash most died in poverty. It was there actions made them great, that we all benefit from today. Not there f*cking stock portfolio.

The sense of achievement you get from overcoming something difficult is unmatched and often confused with money. Its the "journey" you undertook that matters.

For example why do so many restore classic cars?

you put in thousands of many hours lots of your own money to make a car no where near as good as one you can buy off the shelf for a fraction today. Even if you sell the car its unlikely you will ever recoup your money or efforts. So why do it? its a near impossible challenge, you learn lots, you grow as you do it and you achieve something in the end.

Not many people undertake challenges like this nowadays and confuse getting lots of money with a real challenge. Then they wonder why they are depressed.

Interesting word, progress.

To measure progress, indeed to even have the measurement of progress mean anything at all, we must be measuring our progress against a defined goal. What is the goal of endless money-chasing? As far as I can see, there isn't one. As group of beings we lurch from one vague idea to the next, never pulling in the same direction and never reaching anywhere worthy of note.

Progress is a poorly and overly-used word that means nothing in reality, but everything to those who have been blinded into chasing it.

Yup ,success seems to mean one thing these days and thats money the more you have the more successful you must be

Of course that is wrong.....success has nothing to do with money. ;)

There's few people I read about that I truly admire, but he certainly goes on the list.

I'm guessing if he blabs any more good will and projects any more 'subversive' messages he'll end up snuffing it hillwalking/besmirched as a peado etc..