House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
honkydonkey

We're Saved, Vote Tories!

Haha!. A postage stamp sized piece of land will cost you £150k I bet you.

I'm sorry, I don't fall for their ******** any longer.

Edited by Eddie_George

From the DM article:

People struggling to buy their own house will instead be encouraged to build a property under Tory plans for 100,000 extra homes.

David Cameron will tomorrow set out details of the so-called Right to Build, forcing councils to set aside land for people who want to invest in bricks and mortar.

Invest, no I'm not remotely interested in investing in a house. Building one, yes, investing, no.

The devil will be in the detail (two words sprang to mind - cow and cash). I bet the land will be within an area designated for development in the council's LDP, it will effectively be land with PP. If it's council land they'll treat it as a cash cow, they'll be told to sell it at market rate, trouble is (as we know) if they set the rate at £1000 per sqm and people buy it (which some will) that becomes market rate. Farmer Giles isn't going to take a penny less than what a builder would pay for it (and as LDP land it'll have the PP premium on in), and if a builder is forced to give-up land they'll want the value of the land + any profit they'd have made on a house.

The policy was backed by the Federation of Master Builders, which said it could 'significantly increase opportunities for small builders

Are these houses going to be made of Lego?

Even worth dicussing?

Not really.

I've long given up on houses being seen for what they really are.

As well as everything else, the tease of being allowed an unaffordable UK home is now an electoral bribe.

Edited by LiveinHope

Bit late. Makes me think they just want my vote. Am I being cynical....or is it them?

Cyn-ception

Cyn City

Must be others

it`s a start but a few years late , do we get to choose our own plots ? i know of some woodland that would be perfect , anyone got a husqvarna i can borrow ?

Edited by longgone

it`s a start but a few years late , do we get to choose our own plots ? i know of some woodland that would be perfect , anyone got a husqvarna i can borrow ?

cute-huskie-dog-wallpapers-1003001-2-s-3

He's been sucking his thumb for the last 5 years.

land to build on with the same market discount as right to buy + 20% , and no vat to pay on materials to build it .

inheritance tax abolished

savings rates increased for savers to 4% not just the 65 and over upto 250k

:lol:

If you think the Tories are going to let you buy a cheap plot of land and hire a builder to build a house on it think again. The Tories get a lot of cash from the big housebuilding firms and they won't do anything to upset their monopoly on housebuilding.

What this will turn into is "custom build" where you buy an off-plan new build from the likes of Barratt with some say-so in the design.

The policy was backed by the Federation of Master Builders, which said it could 'significantly increase opportunities for small builders

You must be < Five ft two

If you think the Tories are going to let you buy a cheap plot of land and hire a builder to build a house on it think again. The Tories get a lot of cash from the big housebuilding firms and they won't do anything to upset their monopoly on housebuilding.

What this will turn into is "custom build" where you buy an off-plan new build from the likes of Barratt with some say-so in the design.

i would rather live on the street than buy a barratt /berkley house 4 detached places have gone up near me built with the cheapest red bricks you can buy , asking price 1.3m all sold in the first week , build price who knows maybe 10% or less of sale cost