House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Bez - An Example To Us All!

Seriously!

I wouldn’t recommend buying property to people who have money now, though. It imprisons you into a life where you can’t just get up and move. I think it’s really restricting. Paying a mortgage comes with a lot of stress. Families are getting evicted daily from their houses and I don’t think it’s a good place to be.

What are the greatest financial lessons that you’ve learnt?

Never to borrow money. One of the biggest problems we have at the moment is how easily accessible the bankers have made it to get into debt by giving you credit cards with massive APR payments and it’s just a massive scam. That’s the only real steadfast thing I can say that I have discipline in my life, is not borrowing money. I’d never buy a new car again either. When I first got into the Mondays, I ran out and I bought a brand-new Golf GTi and I can’t remember what the APR was on it, but it was something ridiculous.

So what are your financial plans for the future?

I intend to be able to live life without money, and that’s the way I’m gearing my life up now, creating all my own energy, creating all my own food, growing my own food, producing all my own food, creating my own medicines. I’ve become a bit of a hippy in my old age. I started off living in a commune, which didn’t work out, but I took a lot of experience from it, so now I’m living on other land in the Hereford area. A very kind friend has given me some land to live on so right now I live in a caravan with no expenses at all.

What do you like least about dealing with money?

The thing I like least about money is that money is actually just worthless bits of paper. Money is just a promissory note. It’s actually worth nothing. What I dislike about the banking system we live in at the moment is that they create this austerity debt, and they create it out of worthless bits of paper, because in 2002 Gordon Brown actually got rid of our gold. So we as a country now no longer have a gold reserve, it’s all gone. So the value of money, what we actually spend today, is based on nothing. I don’t know how they do it. Money is just based on selling futures, and creating debt. So the actual value of money? It’s absolutely worthless.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/11436800/Bez-I-was-bankrupted-twice-Ill-never-be-a-saver.html

bez will WIN mayor of manchester!!!!!!

shown himself to be far more astute than the current batch of MP's

Gordon didnt really get rid of ALL our gold....did he?

erm, nope.

he THINKS he did!!!

wasn't it hitler who said if it couldnt be done miltarily they would attempt a financial war??

it would be incredibly stupid if we had not made preparations for such a scenario.

we just have to lull them into a false sense of security by declaring the "PUBLICLY" held gold reserves until they think they've won and can impose their new centrally planned ledger .

when the time is ripe and they bring our their new deal(which will be physical gold backed because they've been stealing it for the past 30+ years), we will pull out (one of) the 7000 tonne caches of hard asset we've got in reserve and claim independence from their new improved system.

(see they are using the paper market to artificially depress the physical while they try and hoover up all of the real stuff, then when the time comes they will crash the paper market via cyber war or something that will disrupt the trading process, leaving those holding the actual hard stuff with the upper hand)..in which case the price of physical commodities will skyrocket.

that's why I advocate having a fair bit of wealth in REAL stuff....even stockmarkets are of arbitrary value.the stockmarket(and the banking system for that matter)....OUGHT to be a barometer for companies who are making/selling stuff which will ultimately enable peoples lives to be of better quality than they were.

lets take farming as an example, someone invents a tool that allows farmers to produce 80% edible food from a field ,instead of 50% edible and 50% destroyed by weeds.....banking SHOULD enable this guy to develop and export that technology/system and help other people in general feed themselve+those who are slightly less fortunate.

so it is not totally evil as a concept, if it is deployed in the correct manner.

what we need to watch for now is industrial debasement/espionage.

that is frankly the greatest concern of this country at the moment...we are way too focussed on banking as almost the sole means of income in this country....we need some indigenous production(and consumption) brought back sharpish.

The thing I like least about money is that money is actually just worthless bits of paper. Money is just a promissory note. It’s actually worth nothing. What I dislike about the banking system we live in at the moment is that they create this austerity debt, and they create it out of worthless bits of paper, because in 2002 Gordon Brown actually got rid of our gold. So we as a country now no longer have a gold reserve, it’s all gone. So the value of money, what we actually spend today, is based on nothing. I don’t know how they do it. Money is just based on selling futures, and creating debt. So the actual value of money? It’s absolutely worthless.

Youre a bit confused there matey.......stick to the maracas ;)

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

People are beginning to understand. Thank the internet for that.

Bez was in the last "Celebrity Big Brother" that I saw, some years ago. I think he went in to get off the drugs, and literally climbed the walls. He was very entertaining. Germaine Greer: "I think his speech centres went years ago" ;)

Does anyone recall the two page special that "Smash Hits" did when the Happy Mondays' "Step On" was in the charts?

On the theme of "twisting the melon" they laid out all the different melons (Galia, Piel de Sapo, Water etc) and rated them on how easy they were to twist.

They called Bez for a comment which unsurprisingly consisted of two words, the latter being "off".

;)