House Price Crash Forum

Stupid Things You Do When You're Tired, Fatigued And Unwell.

longtomsilver

HOLA441

I'm all the above this w/end and have had a migraine too.

Wife just asked me to make a cup of tea so I made the drink and emptied the remainder of the boiling water from the kettle into the sink placing my hand under as the contents emptied Thankfully, I'm quite good at not overfilling and have only a scorched thumb. A sign of things to come in my old age I suppose.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Put the teabag in the water in the kettle to boil....instant tea, pour in cup add milk.

...no, the best thing to do when you are tired, fatigued and unwell is do as little as possible.....get someone else to make your tea if you can and get rest and plenty of sleep. ;)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Ground pepper onto my porridge this morning :blink:

done something similar..should have put milk+sugar on ,instead I put milk+salt(was a bit rank!)

...(should say in addition to initial pinch of salt during cooking up oats which is nice.)

these days i'm a bit wiser.

after the initial pinch of salt during cooking I put strawberry jam on porridge instead...it's lovely!

if you want to go scandinavian,try surmjolk(basically sour milk..like liquid cottage cheese) with it(top up with real berries/currants+fruits), it's fantastic.really healthy too.

..works a treat with muesli too.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I also have a really peculiar habit...whenever I see someone burn themselves on a hot surface, I have an uncontrollable urge to touch it, just to check it really is hot.

I usually do and my first thoughts are "Ouch!! Oh yes, I suppose it was hot" :)

When you have something that's supposed to be hot but you're not quite sure, drop the merest drop of water on it. You'll soon see if it's hot (whoosh), fairly hot (evaporate quietly) or not hot at all.

HOLA4415

I was unpacking a cheap bicycle from Halfords once and all the pieces were wrapped in cardboard and secured with those industrial bloody strength plastic ties.

I was tired, impatient and keen to get my hands on the contents and my scissors weren't doing a very good job of cutting through the plastic so I got a very, vary sharp kitchen knife with 3 inch handle and 4 inch blade and started cutting, underarm, TOWARDS myself at hip height so the lever of my arm would help with the cutting. There was a mini-jerk with each cut as the plastic broke and the arm and the knife continued upwards with momentum. Remember thinking at this point "maybe this isn't such a clever idea", but continued.

Seconds later I cut through another tie and the point of the knife carried on and stabbed me in the check, about 1 inch to the right of my eyeball and just below. When I got over the shock I investigated and I had a fairly deep cross-shaped cut in my cheek that didn't stop bleeding for hours and probably needed stitches. I also had a belter of a black eye within a day or so. All pretty lucky considering I very very nearly lost an eye :)

i don't need to be tired or unwell to do stupid things.

I nearly lost an eye myself once while trying to repair a over-wound wind-up torch when the spring exploded out of the disassembled casing and embedded itself in a cardboard box just behind my head.

respect potential energy!

HOLA4416

I also have a really peculiar habit...whenever I see someone burn themselves on a hot surface, I have an uncontrollable urge to touch it, just to check it really is hot.

P

I have a peculiar habit of pretending random surfaces are hot, by acting like I burned myself.

HOLA4417

P

Snap.

And ditto sharp objects on which I or somebody else has just cut themselves.

HOLA4418

We had some decorative work carried out in our bathroom.

While this was ongoing, we'd moved the various bits and pieces from the bathroom (e.g. those stainless steel shelf things that hold the soap and bottles) to the bedroom.

When moving them back after a few drinks I slipped and fell against the radiator landing heavily in a seated position on the very edge, on the tiny little bone in the middle of my backside.

It ached for days. Even now it still aches if I sit in a seated position for more than an hour or so.

That was about five years ago. According to the doctor it's the bone in the body that takes the longest to heal.

Separately, just last night I thought I'd cheer myself up with a bottle of wine as I have had a cold on and off for two weeks.

It made the cold go away for a while but today I feel unbelievably wretched and it's back with a vengeance.

HOLA4419

I'm all the above this w/end and have had a migraine too.

Wife just asked me to make a cup of tea so I made the drink and emptied the remainder of the boiling water from the kettle into the sink placing my hand under as the contents emptied Thankfully, I'm quite good at not overfilling and have only a scorched thumb. A sign of things to come in my old age I suppose.

Changed the emphasis to correctly identify your mistake. What you should have done is say: "I am tired, fatigued and unwell. I'll have a honey and lemon while you're at it, please."

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Driving under the influence of influenza.

Only once had Flu, and then, one afternoon, I decided I needed honey and lemons. So I rolled from the sofa on which I was living and dragged myself into the car. The nearest store was a 10 minute drive away, through country lanes, mercifully. Progressing at about 5 miles an hour and slumped over the steering wheel, about 90 minutes later I made it back home and onto the sofa.

Archived