House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How To Film Diy Technique For You Tube

I'd like to upload videos to you tube to demonstrate "handy work" techniques. I just want to film my hands, the object and the work surface. I'm guessing some kind of chest mounted camera is needed? Are Go Pros the way to go? Any other mounting option? I have a very good camera which films video, but is pretty big and would hard to get a 1st person perspective of the task in hand.

I know everyone is going to think I'm uploading pictures of me bashing the bishop but I'm really not!

Can`t someone else hold it for you?

Needs to be done from first person... Ie camera head or chest mounted, so would be bit tricky.

More and more of these vidoes that are supposedly self shot involve either tripods and/or a second person on the camera. A lot of them now also use lighting.

You, at a minimum, need a fixed camera on a tripod.

More and more of these vidoes that are supposedly self shot involve either tripods and/or a second person on the camera. A lot of them now also use lighting.

You, at a minimum, need a fixed camera on a tripod.

Anglepoise lamp mechanism attached to ceiling or a rig. Attach camera to that. Or search Youtube - 'my camera setup' and copy the most appropriate one.

Here's a guide:

GF was looking on guide for squirting sealant.

Quick search on youtube.

Lots of comments about the tutor's falseys.

OMG - was not expecting the last few minutes.

I can guarantee you'll forget all about the rest of the video.