House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Archduke Ferdinand Moment?

Can you see someone naming a band after him in 90 years time?

I could imagine Jo Whiley never being able to stop saying it on a continuous loop 'Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian, Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian' - 'don't be fooled by my whole DJ indie chick vibe, I'm way older than you think' - 'Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian'.

I could imagine Jo Whiley never being able to stop saying it on a continuous loop 'Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian, Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian' - 'don't be fooled by my whole DJ indie chick vibe, I'm way older than you think' - 'Belle and Sebastian, Bentley Rhythm Ace, Gomez, Boris Nemtsov, Kasabian'.

:lol:

Not remotely in the same league. The biggest you could possibly spin this to is a lesser Martin Luther King moment. Unless it somehow destabilises the Russian government and comes to look like a Thomas a Becket moment.

A very real Franz Ferdinand moment in most of our lifetimes was Yitzhak Rabin, whose death led to a government tearing up the 1993 peace agreement.

I was in Serbia a few years back and saw posters all over the place for "Franz Ferdinand" in Sarajevo.

Not knowing much about popular music, I was thought it an odd thing.

Where are the claims that it was all organised and carried out by the USA? You're letting me down HPC off-topic!

They're all still in bed. Give it a few hours. The American nutjob websites are going to orgasm when they wake up later on and read about this poor man's death.

Where are the claims that it was all organised and carried out by the USA? You're letting me down HPC off-topic!

With the current anti-Russian sentiment, I find it surprising they haven't yet found someone to say it was definitely Putin. After all, the western warmongers are accusing him of a lot of altogether-less-plausible things.

OK, you want a conspiracy theory, here's my candidate. The psychohistorians reckon the idea that Putin dunnit is so obvious it doesn't need saying, and the best conspiracy theories are the ones we figure out for ourselves without being told. If the direct accusation comes later it becomes confirmation rather than indoctrination.

I keep an open mind on the Thomas a Becket scenario.

They're all still in bed. Give it a few hours. The American nutjob websites are going to orgasm when they wake up later on and read about this poor man's death.

I think they're all busy trying to work out how the CIA has made their computer show a dress in the wrong colour.

John McCain escaped the loony bin and carried out the killing himself whilst dressed as a regular Muscovite babushka.

There.

John McCain escaped the loony bin and carried out the killing himself whilst dressed as a regular Muscovite babushka.

There.

Thanks, I feel better now.