House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Full Body Transplant Would You Want One?

web-skeleton-RF-4-corbis.jpg Sergio Canavero believes controversial technique could save the lives of people riddled with cancer

So who would want a full body transplant? Also how do you get a full donor body? Murder victim with a head shot?

No thanks.

No doubt if it works it will be offered to everyone on the NHS thus putting up our taxes yet again.

The NHS cost would be unchanged. String the patient along until they die waiting.

Likewise the associated no-expense-spared "end-of-life" cost once the patient is too far gone to treat and too ill to live, but must be denied a dignified death at taxpayer expense.

The NHS cost would be unchanged. String the patient along until they die waiting.

Likewise the associated no-expense-spared "end-of-life" cost once the patient is too far gone to treat and too ill to live, but must be denied a dignified death at taxpayer expense.

Yet the RSPCA would prosecute you for cruelty if you refused to have your dog put down if the vet deemed that it was suffering, blinding hypocrisy.

Damn. That was poorly expressed.

I was of course referring to the cruel denial being at taxpayer expense. Though I think the dignified death itself would be a worthy use of taxpayer money once the patient has no prospect of life.

Damn. That was poorly expressed.

I was of course referring to the cruel denial being at taxpayer expense. Though I think the dignified death itself would be a worthy use of taxpayer money once the patient has no prospect of life.

It was a little ambiguous, but I understood what you meant.

I wouldn't mind having Candice Swanpoel's body so I could spend all day squeezing my own buttocks.

I'll bet you do that anyway! :unsure:

Yes, but I'd rather have a full cybernetic body than another meat sack. If there was no alternative though I would have the transplant. Could be a good life extension technology.

This sounds like a terrible idea, the immune system of the body will probably reject the head even with the use of immunosuppressant drugs. Whereas that guy who had an arm transplant just had it amputated again when his body eventually started rejecting it (causing it to slowly die and rot while attached to him) what's the treatment for this happening to your head?