House Price Crash Forum

We Can Be Proud Of The Fact We're Building Two New Aircraft Carriers - Cameron

Bruce Banner

HOLA441

In PMQs just now, Cameron came out with a list of things that the Tories can be proud of. In the list was "We can be proud of the fact we're building two new aircraft carriers". If my memory serves me correctly, the two aircraft carriers were ordered by the last Labour government and Gordon Brown made the contracts watertight so that they could not be cancelled by the next government.

God I hate that man.

HOLA442

There was talk of cancelling one.

But... seems like an odd thing to be proud of. Dodgy jets, and a gap of many years when we'll have 0, just when it looks like Nutty Cristina has her back to the wall and Putler is messing about with Lithuania as well.

Edited by EUBanana

HOLA443

Apparently they're being built (in Scotland) by a french company.

So proud "we" are building them - even though there'll (likely) be some UK workers involved.

Maybe he means we can be proud of the fact that we're printing money to be able to pay for them.

Edited by billybong

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

In PMQs just now, Cameron came out with a list of things that the Tories can be proud of. In the list was "We can be proud of the fact we're building two new aircraft carriers". If my memory serves me correctly, the two aircraft carriers were ordered by the last Labour government and Gordon Brown made the contracts watertight so that they could not be cancelled by the next government.

God I hate that man.

Right

In a marginal labour constituency approaching the election...

Edited by Si1