House Price Crash Forum
quad

Opertunities And Seizing The Moment

i am at the airport this morning.in the quietest corner minding my own business. and nigel farage sits next to me. he is busy on phone etc but when he finish. i take the chance and say hello and ask if he can spare a few minutes. so i get the chance to discuss housing. he seemed very aware oh the issues and was happy to listen and engage in a brief discussion about it. he came across as fery friendly and knowlegable. pleased i did my very small bit to raise this issue with him. and fly the hpc flag. i said to him that its a very important issue to a whole generation of young people and it would win the hearts and minds and votes of a whole generation of voters. and that he should raise the profile of housing during the elections.

no photo sorry

Maybe it was some bloke pretending to be Mr Farage, perhaps David Cameron ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-to-join-sarah-palin-for-conservative-political-action-conference-in-washington-dc-10050606.html

"Ukip leader is set to join darlings of the US right at Republican get-together"

"The Conservative Political Action Conference will take place from 25-28 February at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Maryland"

If you going to make something up make it believable.

At least I know to ignore your previous 225 posts and to watch out for your forthcoming, "thats it, ive bought a house" thread.

Farage will share the main platform with Palin,

Perhaps he was on the way.

"The Conservative Political Action Conference will take place from 25-28 February at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Maryland"

So the conference starts today, and OP claims to have seen him at the airport this morning. I've no idea whether that's true, but I don't see any contradiction.

i am at the airport this morning.in the quietest corner minding my own business. and nigel farage sits next to me. he is busy on phone etc but when he finish. i take the chance and say hello and ask if he can spare a few minutes. so i get the chance to discuss housing. he seemed very aware oh the issues and was happy to listen and engage in a brief discussion about it. he came across as fery friendly and knowlegable. pleased i did my very small bit to raise this issue with him. and fly the hpc flag. i said to him that its a very important issue to a whole generation of young people and it would win the hearts and minds and votes of a whole generation of voters. and that he should raise the profile of housing during the elections.

Did you ever meet Tony Blair, ?

After a conversation you always departed thinking he got your issues and was on your side. He would say the diametrically opposite thing to the next person.

They all do. After all, it's how they got their colleagues to elect them.

Even IDS and Brown seemed reasonable face to face.

Having made that 'sarky' comment (apologies).....

It is always good to engage. I would have done the same.

However, I still don't know who I'll vote for out of the current shower.

Edited by LiveinHope

Farage does indeed get it.

Problem is he no longer has as much power in an enlarged UKIP as he used to do. Mainly because he's leaving during the next govt if he doesn't get into pariament. Might move anyway and make his millions.

The party is as capitalist as Blair. Get it?

Shame.

So the conference starts today, and OP claims to have seen him at the airport this morning. I've no idea whether that's true, but I don't see any contradiction.

I reread the independent link, I thought it was talking in the present tense, but it was future.

so it could be true.

I retract my statement that this is B.S. and humbly apologise.

I still dont believe it though. I'd imagine his security wouldn't let you get within 10 feet of him.

Farage does indeed get it.

Problem is he no longer has as much power in an enlarged UKIP as he used to do. Mainly because he's leaving during the next govt if he doesn't get into pariament. Might move anyway and make his millions.

The party is as capitalist as Blair. Get it?

Shame.

He needs to bin his BTL housing spokesman too.

apology accepted. definatly him. just took an opertunity to just step up in some small way. mentioned our site. might not post regularly but hpc is a big issue to me.so took a chance to speak up.

Did you buy him a pint? Have heard him say that house prices are a function of loose lending I`m sure, but he probably wouldn`t align himself publicly (to you) with the idea of "letting the debtors burn" etc.? :lol: Save that for the Brussels elites.,...

Me neither..if it was him he was on his way there for tonight or tomorrow. They are 6 or more hours behind us anyways..

I reread the independent link, I thought it was talking in the present tense, but it was future.

so it could be true.

I retract my statement that this is B.S. and humbly apologise.

I still dont believe it though. I'd imagine his security wouldn't let you get within 10 feet of him.

You'd be surprised how little (i.e. no) security politicians out of the very front rank have provided for them. I once ate breakfast at the same table as Douglas Hurd at a hotel in New York for example. We had a nice chat about LTCM (which had just recently blown up and was front page news on the copy of USA Today he was reading) and then our separate ways - I'm pretty certain there was no security of any type around him.

Yes, even Cameron got bumped by a jogger in Leeds. Thank goodness we are not the obsessive about security in this country (yet).

Well done, OP. I probably wouldn't vote for Farage, but good on you to talking to him about the issue. Shame you didn't get a pic of him holding up a banner saying I love HPC though. That would have been gold.

I have gone up to him in the past, admittedly c 2 yrs ago when he didnlt have security. He is MOST approachable and a great guy. And a libertarian and a Capitalist. What's not to like?

Problem is his party is as Socilaist as the next one which is the only way to get elected, unless you are like him at the top of the Tories. But that could never happen (again) could it.

Never forget Maggie.

I recently saw Kenneth Clarke outside Sainsburys in a particularly rough part of Nottingham while his wife was getting some cash from the machine.

Tempted to have a word. Can you imagine Brown lowering himself to shopping at some Sainsburys in some God forsaken Glasgow suburb, no I can't either. Guess Brown is more special after wrecking the UK economy.

Edited by crashmonitor