House Price Crash Forum
bubbleturbo

George Osborne = Total Failure For Uk Long Term

I have been on this website for a while, since around 2005 in fact.

I remember all the old guys who used to be here such as Dr Bubb CGNAO, etc, etc.

I am in the SE London / NW Kent area.

I have been looking for the last few days at property around my area and basically it is at least 20% up on the beginning of 2013, often around 30%. A fair bit of it is and has been selling. Many morons are out in force, taking on a huge amount of debt once more because properly only goes up. The builders, speculators, plumbers and property maintenance brigade are all busy once more.

Up until the March 2013 budget, when HTB was introduced, property was generally drifting and had been falling gently in the areas I monitor.

What Osborne did at this budget was re-ignite the mania in an already frothy market. We now know that many people were advising him against HTB and he ignored them.

I voted Conservative because I believed CaMoron and co. would take difficult decisions to put the UK back on track. I thought we would see a real long term economic plan which would look to at least start to address the UK's huge issues.

I never imagined that these morons would be the epitome of short term thinking, pouring kerosene fuel onto a smouldering, highly cancerous and very unproductive fire.

This short-termism perpetuates instability and risk. Their devoting disproportionate energy to the immediate future has made us less, not more, stable and compounded many of the huge issues that were there when they came to power. I feel completely betrayed. These people are evil / complete morons.

Edited by bubbleturbo

Same. I grasped the hope that the tories confronted miners and steelworkers, rather than subsidize them indefinetly expecting them to do the same to the city of London.

Clearly they have a lot more friends offering non-exec positions in the city than they do in Wales or the North.

I have been on this website for a while, since around 2005 in fact.

I remember all the old guys who used to be here such as Dr Bubb CGNAO, etc, etc.

I am in the SE London / NW Kent area.

I have been looking for the last few days at property around my area and basically it is at least 20% up on the beginning of 2013, often around 30%. A fair bit of it is and has been selling. Many morons are out in force, taking on a huge amount of debt once more because properly only goes up. The builders, speculators, plumbers and property maintenance brigade are all busy once more.

Up until the March 2013 budget, when HTB was introduced, property was generally drifting and had been falling gently in the areas I monitor.

What Osborne did at this budget was re-ignite the mania in an already frothy market. We now know that many people were advising him against HTB and he ignored them.

I voted Conservative because I believed CaMoron and co. would take difficult decisions to put the UK back on track. I thought we would see a real long term economic plan which would look to at least start to address the UK's huge issues.

I never imagined that these morons would be the epitome of short term thinking, pouring kerosene fuel onto a smouldering, highly cancerous and very unproductive fire.

This short-termism perpetuates instability and risk. Their devoting disproportionate energy to the immediate future has made us less, not more, stable and compounded many of the huge issues that were there when they came to power. I feel completely betrayed. These people are evil / complete morons.

I agree, I was looking for a place (like my preferred areas but close-ish to where I need to be) at the time and the prices were slowly getting to what I would have called fair value! After 2008 and the lack of a steep HPC, I started to think that prices could stagnate for many years and that I had time to look for my perfect home (within reason). Unfortunately, due to Osbrown and HTB that plan has been put on hold and frankly, I now spend my time considering a future away from this country, where the moronic public don't consider piles of bricks to be pensions and ATMs!

I can only echo the sentiments raised in this thread. As an avid spectator of the pre-election debates, I held great hope in David Cameron's assertions that the Conservatives would rebalance the economy and that the emphasis would be taken away from non-productive assets. During their debates, the Conservatives explicitly referred to the fact that housing was overpriced and needed to be addressed.

For the first few years it looked as though they were managing a controlled decline, though something didn't seem quite right when they appointed Mark Carney. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when HTB1 was announced, though HTB2 really gave the game away and showed their true intentions. It has worked exactly as desired.

Sadly, I expect the same effect will be experienced when the new pension rules are introduced in April.

I certainly won't be voting for any of the big three political parties at the next election. They have all played a part in creating the mess that we live in today.

Max Keiser's guest, David Graeber explains why Osborne is not a moron (just a paid up member of Bilderberg) and why they use tools like QE and HTB.

Edited by Bill D'arblay

Welcome back BT. I'd say the Tories as a free-market party died with Maggie Thatcher.

The current (useless) shower I'd say aren't evil, but purely, to quote Michael Heseltine " there's so much money about, that no-one is interested in fixing the problems ."

There's no real need for the plutocracy/kleptocracy to do anything. Because the peons will continue voting Lib/Lab/Con and swallowing more debt than they could ever consume in 10 lifetimes.

Still, hopefully May this year should finally end the two-party system.

Edited by ZeroSumGame

I've been saying for a while Osborne should be put in prison for what he has done.

Labour/Blair could be argued were naive and taken in by the establishment/bankers, but Osborne knows exactly what he is doing IMHO.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

what is it with u people voting for these idiots, 1st voted for ukip in 2004 in the eu vote, never voted con or lib, too many lairs, i like farrage but i dont like his party, too many ex cons-ervatives getting in on his band wagon these days, as usual i will vote bnp even though i have black in my family, ive told them, they think im trying to hang them or something but they seem to care less these days seeing as they are still homeless in london thanks to the cons and libs pricing them out of the market, but then again they are the one with cultural degrees lol.

i simply believe that through sovereignty we can be a better union and the eu took that away from us. i use ukip on the eu stage, bnp on the local.

I've been saying for a while Osborne should be put in prison for what he has done.

Labour/Blair could be argued were naive and taken in by the establishment/bankers, but Osborne knows exactly what he is doing IMHO.

ye, cause u know, its not like blair took us too war and is responsible for killing thousands of people or anything is it? like all that murder and bombs are free to us tax payers, cause you know 9/11 and all that, never for the insurance claim was it? i mean, its not like he works for jp morgan or has any connections to the banks.

tony_blair_iraq_war.jpg

http://www.arrestblair.org/blairs-crimes

If you were a London home owning, small share investor, BTLer boomer with a nice pension and holding no cash, you'd probably let Osborne sh*g your wife.

He's f**ked everyone else anyway.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

bubbleturbo - I totally agree. I sold to rent in late 2006 and went overseas for a while. I hated brown/blair but that is as nothing compared to my hated for cameron / osbourne. It is the sense of betrayal and the pure evil of what they have done.

Other than moaning on web forums and maybe writing to your MP (pointless exercise) what can be done - why aren't people agitating?

I see my future overseas but feel angry that i am being forced into exile.

Other than moaning on web forums and maybe writing to your MP (pointless exercise) what can be done - why aren't people agitating?

The majority have nowt...they must see HPI/BTL/Easy Credit as their saviour.

Why complain about savings rate when you can hardly to eat/heat never mind save

The sheeple are being told they will get pay rises and the government will save us from all BAD things, including cheaper prices and blokes who will cut your head off as soon as look at you.

Like pigs in s**t, people are happy.

Apart from HTB I think Osborne's done a pretty good job, baring in mind that he's in coalition with the likes of Vince Cable. Cameron has been far more of a disappointment.

Has someone hacked your account or have you been taken prozac recently ?

I agree with the OP completely.

However, I hold in a very simple as idea which is that the current situation cannot continue. Nothing ever increases indefinitely and nothing stays the same forever. The pressure is to great this time as what was seen as a financial problem has become a social problem and that widens the scope for unexpected events.

Osbooune has borrowed more than every Labour chancellor combined. He's not even remotely qualified for his position. They represent bankers and hedge funders.

It makes me wonder what would of happened if HTB never materialised. It's funny how the 'recovery' occurred at the same time the housing market bounced back. Carney left Canada with a huge housing bubble. Maybe he was brought in as a housing boom is a quick way to recovery? :ph34r: Unfortunately the come down won't be as nice. Thoughts?

So is everyone who voted tory in the last election not voting for them this time ? I'm definitely not.

I you think house prices are too high, then how can you possibly vote for them? They had a chance to let house prices correct, but they have done everything in their power to avoid that using taxpayers' money.

Osbooune has borrowed more than every Labour chancellor combined. He's not even remotely qualified for his position. They represent bankers and hedge funders.

It makes me wonder what would of happened if HTB never materialised. It's funny how the 'recovery' occurred at the same time the housing market bounced back. Carney left Canada with a huge housing bubble. Maybe he was brought in as a housing boom is a quick way to recovery? :ph34r: Unfortunately the come down won't be as nice. Thoughts?

This was the plan 100%

As for the come down ,well they don't have the luxury of lowering IR`s to emergency levels again as we are still in the same emergency 6 years later

But i`m sure they will be able to pull a few more crazy rabbits out the hat before it all goses tit$ up

Yes - while I'll admit I was frustrated with Labour, 2007/2008 was a sort of water-shed moment for me after which I was looking for both electorate and ALL politicians to get a grip.

But since then we've had 'its all Europes fault' and 'its all the immigrants fault' and 'Housing Benefit (!!!) out of control' and best of all 'its those banks not allowing people to borrow enough to afford the prices !". Not to mention the sort of cretinous 'swivel-eyed loon' who is actually at the heart of the problem.

The attached graph shows what the tories did to the housing market ( using the land reg historic graph info )with the QE/HTB2/FLS schemes.

torys.jpg

The QE/Low interest rates supported the collapse for well on 3 years then the FLS back sub-prime lending ( IMHO ) and HTB bottom layer of the pyramid scheme support have been used to convenient max out house prices in time for the election. Clear evidence that HTB has had the opposite effect ( although it would never work without the sub prime FLS Money ).

If I hadnt seen it for my own eye's id not believe it.

Someone people ( including myself ) used to say on here, prices will either go up or down, but with government intervention, they did neither for 3 years. IMHO, diretc evidence of a fixed market place.

This is not what I want for a government.

This is just wrong.

post-10812-0-83790300-1424869125_thumb.jpg