• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I heard this on LBC this morning, Nick Ferrari destroyed her by doing nothing more than asking simple questions. She absolutely fell apart and kept coughing and saying she had a terrible cold when she had no where else to go. I "nearly" felt sorry for her, and then I remembered she's an MP with zero credability. Shame really, as the concept of her policies sounded good, build half a million more council houses, remove mortgage tax releif for landlords. If only she'd got her casio calculator out first, and done some adding and subtracting.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Haven't heard this yet and probably won't as I'm straight off out after work.

While I don't doubt she was awkward, it's ******** that Cameron and Milliband seem to get away with inventing money from thin air, and quite frankly no British government balances the books with tax giveaways... Hence the crippling defecit.

So while it'd be lovely for her to answer properly, with numbers, if her peers aren't questioned to the same extent, what's the point?

Shame, as the green policies are best.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Tbh, I think she might be the wrong leader for the Greens because she is obviously incredibly nervous and not good at public speaking, so she fluffed her lines and forgot the figures etc. She could have just said that they would divert money from housing benefit (which is approx £12bn) for private rentals into building some of those houses and get the rest from mortgage relief from landlords. I think people are being a bit unfair as it doesn't mean the Greens don't have any good ideas, just that they need a better spokesperson/leader.

Agree that that some of the Greens policies, in theory, are very good. I'd like to, but I just can't cut her that much slack. If I go into my Boss's office at work, for a low key meeting, I've got notes written and emails printed, with facts and figures, so I can back up what I'm talking about, so he takes me seriously. She's a leader of a political party on national radio. That's not just nerves, it's complete lack of preparation.

HOLA4410

Haven't heard this yet and probably won't as I'm straight off out after work.

While I don't doubt she was awkward, it's ******** that Cameron and Milliband seem to get away with inventing money from thin air, and quite frankly no British government balances the books with tax giveaways... Hence the crippling defecit.

So while it'd be lovely for her to answer properly, with numbers, if her peers aren't questioned to the same extent, what's the point?

Shame, as the green policies are best.

Second that - by which I mean I think their problem is that the policy is way smarter than personnel.

Be nice if she reacted by making housing her core competence, I genuinely believe (and not just because of here!) its the greens best route to power.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I thought Caroline Lucas argued well over MPs' salaries and bribery on Newsnight last night. The Tory was an idiot though.

Why isn't she leader?

They don't believe in having leaders.

I went to something in Hulme where some silly mare insisted on not having a chair for the meeting as it's 'not green policy' and tbh it was a waste of time.

HOLA4418

Out of her depth...

She really shouldn't be though.

Plenty of people vote for greens because they're sick of main stream politics and opt to try to do something 'nice' albeit ineffectual (as opposed to racist!) with their vote instead e.g. 'save the planet'.

But Housing is the perfect opportunity to blur the boundaries between, and mutually reinforce, the ideas of 'saving the planet' and 'saving our children future' as well as tackling main-stream political issues e.g. debt, banking, taxation, speculation/crony capitalism, living standards and so on.

I'm tempted to vote Green just based on their policies, but its performances like that that just make you go 'Oh FFS'.

Edited by pig

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Hmm. There maybe a niche for a business start up.

PR for People going before the Press. The 3P Company.

We charge:

Silver Package £50,000 for 5x5 hour sessions. We bombard you with questions, and we record audio and visual, so you can practise your sound bites and facial expressions and body language. We give you the tools to tackle the toughest press conferences.

Gold Package £125,000 for 10x5 hour sessions. As above, but we will beat you with a stick every time you mess up. Also we provide an emergency phone ring if you get stuck. You press the panic button, and we will call you, anytime anywhere so you get out of the situation.

Edited by 200p

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I heard this on LBC this morning, Nick Ferrari destroyed her by doing nothing more than asking simple questions. She absolutely fell apart and kept coughing and saying she had a terrible cold when she had no where else to go. I "nearly" felt sorry for her, and then I remembered she's an MP with zero credability. Shame really, as the concept of her policies sounded good, build half a million more council houses, remove mortgage tax releif for landlords. If only she'd got her casio calculator out first, and done some adding and subtracting.

Correct....fail to plan, plan to fail.

HOLA4424

Just not good enough. I was really tempted to vote for the Green Party this election as they do have some policies that are a move away from more of the same that the main three offer. The fact that she can just fall apart under such questioning shows that she is extremely out of her depth.

Why is there no one that has actually achieved something outside of politics with a vision for the country. The closest to this is UKIP so looks like they have secured my vote by default.

HOLA4425

Just not good enough. I was really tempted to vote for the Green Party this election as they do have some policies that are a move away from more of the same that the main three offer. The fact that she can just fall apart under such questioning shows that she is extremely out of her depth.

Why is there no one that has actually achieved something outside of politics with a vision for the country. The closest to this is UKIP so looks like they have secured my vote by default.

Its a shame they're a real party. 'Meet the Ukippers' was more entertaining than an actual satire.