House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sPinwheel

Divorced Wife Told To Get A Job And Stop Living Off Her Ex-Husband

In a decision which signals an end to leisurely living for ex partners of wealthy spouses, Lord Justice Pitchford says divorcees with children aged over seven should work.

A judge has told the ex-wife of a millionaire racehorse surgeon to get a job and stop thinking she has the right to be "supported for life" at his expense.

Whats the logic of being supported for life after divorce?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/get-a-job-judge-tells-exwife-of-millionaire-vet-in-landmark-blow-to-mealticket-settlements-10064662.html

“In a needs case, there's no gravy train for life. The reality is that parents work now, male and female, and everyone's supposed to pull their weight as soon as possible.

Ahh can`t have it both ways..makes sense really doesnt it ?. Equal rights for all. Yeaah

Mark Johnston, for Mrs Wright, protested that having to care for a 10-year-old - the couple's older daughter being a boarding pupil at a public school - "is an inherent restriction on her ability to develop any kind of earning capacity in the next five years."

If the daughter is not even at home, how is that a restriction? Mum must have loads of time on her hands.

That's what I told my ex-husband's solicitor - I've supported him for 24 years. No more. :ph34r:

Did you bury his parts in the garden?

It's not so unusual for the woman to be the earner, and the bloke to be a bit of a "loafer", as long as he is useful round the house I guess.

I bet they both laughed about this at their Freemason lunch.

Quite possible, but that doesn't change the fact that the judgment is sensible.

Any bets on what the Usual Suspects might have to say about this?

What's the betting wimmins hour discusses it at length, with commentators having opposing views but all as ignorant as the HPC peanut gallery?

And in the run-up to an election, will the Pink Bus put its oar in? Perhaps they'll try and face two ways: keep quiet when faced by a reporter, but express huge concern when talking to rich divorced women?

That's what I told my ex-husband's solicitor - I've supported him for 24 years. No more. :ph34r:

Good, though I'm surprised in your case that you've allowed him 24 years of free money.