House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Ukip Not Very Good Publicity?

What a hoot that funny UKIP woman is! She doesn't like Negroes, but doesn't know why! I'm guessing it's a phobia :blink: . Very odd she admited it!

Rosa Parks wanted to sit at the front of the bus with all the white folk!

I thought Farage would be very dangerous in power. I stopped listening to him after the debacle regarding gay marriage, in which he said, and I paraphrase "it's a silly idea because it will cause problems for the Church". Clearly indicating he's here to govern only for his favourites and not for everyone.

You could argue, as the programme participants did, that the show was biased. "People have it in for us".

No.

That programme was a golden opportunity for UKIP to show their true colours. And didn't they.

I believe in free speech. And that programme gave them that opportunity to put forth what they really thought.

The "good" people in UKIP are just going to resign, as indeed happened in that show, leaving just the bigots and racists. The dangerous people.

It's just as well that they will never gain any significant seats or power.

I thought Farage would be very dangerous in power. I stopped listening to him after the debacle regarding gay marriage, in which he said, and I paraphrase "it's a silly idea because it will cause problems for the Church". Clearly indicating he's here to govern only for his favourites and not for everyone.

You could argue, as the programme participants did, that the show was biased. "People have it in for us".

No.

That programme was a golden opportunity for UKIP to show their true colours. And didn't they.

I believe in free speech. And that programme gave them that opportunity to put forth what they really thought.

The "good" people in UKIP are just going to resign, as indeed happened in that show, leaving just the bigots and racists. The dangerous people.

The trouble is NIMBY policies, being "good and christian" and so forth get a lot more votes than libertarianism would. They did a fairly candid interview on one of these web channels with Farage, where he talked about drug legalisation and gay marriage* and said he had no problem with both...but it would be difficult to convince the party.

Who can blame them though. Before they set about putting them solidly to the right of the tory party, their share of the vote was 1 or 2%. Now theyre getting 30,40 even 50% in by elections .

*that being said, despite not being in the least bit religious - quite the opposite - I'm not exactly won over by the arguments gay marriage. If it is about rights - a civil partnership conveys exactly the same rights. If its about equality, why arent Tatchell and the rest demanding polygamy and incestuous marriage are legalized - afterall - love is love, right?

No.

Kipper supporters will always use the card that "the mainstream press have an agenda after us"...This time, this woman showed her true colours, and reiterated her "issues" even after an article was published about her, in the Telegraph...

Look at their footsoldiers, esp. in Thanet...all 50+ boomers...The racism issue lurks heavy (almost the elephant in the living room)...a lot of them are, but hide under the banner of "its a LibLabCon / mainstream press" smear...

I think they ( UKIP) are very rough around the edges and if they were all coached to the same standard as lib/lab/con they could deliver and present a lot better. I think the main 3 are no different they are just more polished.

I find it really fascinating

.. said he had no problem with both...but it would be difficult to convince the party.

To clarify - the words were "it would cause a problem for the Church".

Ergo, it would cause the Church to have to confront their own internal bigotry. What's not to enjoy watching?

That was just one example, which confirmed to me that he is dangerous. I wouldn't want to see the lynching of Farage go off on one single topic. And I do have wider considerations. I'm relatively right-wing politically. I do not agree with mass uncontrolled immigration. There are too many people in this country for the land mass that has been developed. Some areas of public resource are at breaking point. I get all that. So UKIP should be of interest to me, right?

So I sat watching the programme, and before it started, I thought "This is going to biased. It is going to make them look like a bunch of fruitcakes and loonys. But I'll watch. Maybe I'll be impressed. They have their time, lets see what happens".

Nobody put words in their mouths. I then think "Maybe it's just the lunatic fringe of the party." And then I think of Farage saying "this team has my complete confidence".

Not a leader, are you Farage. You can't even control a ragtag bunch of morons let alone run a country. If you had any political skill whatsoever you'd be able to counter the allegations of racism very easily. Your agenda shines through.

The echoes of 1940s Germany horrify me.

Do you think the current regime is any better or is your sensistivity soley caused by his views on homesexuality? We all have an issue or two ( or more) that is a deal breaker.

Farage you have to admit in general is appealing to a lot of people but no one gives you 100% of what you want.

Guest eight

Kipper supporters will always use the card that "the mainstream press have an agenda after us"...This time, this woman showed her true colours, and reiterated her "issues" even after an article was published about her, in the Telegraph...

I'm no political correctist by any means, but this and the Paris subway thing have really taken me aback. I can scarcely believe that people still hold these views in private, let alone that they choose to express them publicly. And coming from a prospective politician - if nothing else, she must be almost terminally thick, and therefore totally unsuitable for power.

I am deeply suspicious about the motives of the BBC in making that program. Program makers can promote any agenda they wish by choice of included content and skilful editing.

As Farage said, the woman was a Tory counsellor before joining UKIP and her credentials were taken in good faith, as soon as she showed her true colours she was sacked.

I am deeply suspicious about the motives of the BBC in making that program. Program makers can promote any agenda they wish by choice of included content and skilful editing.

As Farage said, the woman was a Tory counsellor before joining UKIP and her credentials were taken in good faith, as soon as she showed her true colours she was sacked.

UKIP / Farage seemed to be happy to be filmed, until these sorts of issues were being brought to light...they then told the BBC film crew not to film anything without it being pre-approved first.

"Farage" does not even sound like an English name! I've never heard that name in Yorkshire. He will let the French in, but then we have our very own Monkey-Hanger here Mr XYY :blink:.

It was a bit of a "guff" to let that go as far as television, but like I say, the woman seems to have a phobia, and it's probably better to talk to someone professional, than let it out on TV. :unsure:

It seems it is easy to appeal to people's prejudices. About UKIP.

Yep, something like 20 years of not being expelled from the Conservatives.

She got kicked out didn't she? And she's an ex-Tory.

Meanwhile the Labour Party has ex-BNP activists in its ranks, not a peep.

A lot of folks in politics are weirdos, comes with the territory I guess. At least UKIP kick the buggers out, they expel more than the other parties put together I imagine.

No doubt that there's been some proper hatchet jobs against UKIP lately, two back to back just before election purdah, and gawd knows there's enough material on any party if you were prepared to look.

Not a leader, are you Farage. You can't even control a ragtag bunch of morons let alone run a country. If you had any political skill whatsoever you'd be able to counter the allegations of racism very easily. Your agenda shines through.

I think if you follow people around for weeks on end, intent on catching one or two gaffs, you'll get them. There are naive or ignorant people in every party. What's most telling is the amount of time that went into that documentary and how little could be dug up.

If Farage spent his time responding to every media accusation, he would be marching to the beat of someone else's drum. Farage is doing the right thing in taking the "water off a duck's back" approach to the constant unfounded accusations. He's no fool. The mainstream media's attempt to paint UKiP in an unpleasant light are becoming almost comical.

UKIP is the only major party that explicitly bans former members of the BNP (and other groups that the media brands as "far right") from membership. How many labour party members used to be in the BNP? Do a bit of research and you might be surprised.

If Farage spent his time responding to every media accusation, he would be marching to the beat of someone else's drum. Farage is doing the right thing in taking the "water off a duck's back" approach to the constant unfounded accusations. He's no fool. The mainstream media's attempt to paint UKiP in an unpleasant light are becoming almost comical.

Most of their problems, esp. over race, is self inflicted..

Most of their problems, esp. over race, is self inflicted..

Not sure how you work that out. Someone wants to sign up, they are a Tory councillor and have been a Tory for 20 years, why not?

Not sure how you work that out. Someone wants to sign up, they are a Tory councillor and have been a Tory for 20 years, why not?

Bongo Bongo Land, Ting Tong, "I don't like negros" and so on..Just don't get how people could vote for people like that...

Bongo Bong Land, Ting Tong, and so on..

All they can do is kick people out when they find them. Which they do. Even Godfrey Bloom eventually got the boot and he was Farage's mate.

The constant witchhunting is just a joke though. There are racists and even BNPers in every party, but UKIP has form in turfing them out when they are found, unlike certain others.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jun/14/localgovernment.politics

UKIP's constitution wouldn't even allow the above. And if Channel 4/BBC spent as much time and money scouring the stinking Labour pits of Tower Hamlets or Rotherham do you honestly think they would come up with zip?

The constant witchhunting is just a joke though. There are racists and even BNPers in every party, but UKIP has form in turfing them out when they are found, unlike certain others.

Prob. not in the Lib Dems or the Greens...

The Green one seems to be someone being a bit of knob by trying to be funny (being satirical) by forwarding an offensive email..

It doesn't make much sense why BNP members would want to involve themselves in pro European, Lentil munching parties..

All they can do is kick people out when they find them. Which they do. Even Godfrey Bloom eventually got the boot and he was Farage's mate.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jun/14/localgovernment.politics

UKIP's constitution wouldn't even allow the above. And if Channel 4/BBC spent as much time and money scouring the stinking Labour pits of Tower Hamlets or Rotherham do you honestly think they would come up with zip?

When I sat down to watch it, what I wanted to see was an attempt by the BBC to paint UKIP in a poor light. Obviously biased reporting. It would have left me with a different view.

That Farage permitted this shows just how poor a leader he is, and demonstrates, in my mind, complicity with the views expressed. There's a sort of laissez-faire "Well, we all think that, we should be able to say what we think". Yes. Go right ahead.

All the people with some intelligence who joined the party then see what's going on around them and think "I didn't sign up for this. I don't want to be associated with these people. I'm off".

If you collected together all those that remain you'd have enough brain cells to make a plant. "I have a problem with Negroes. I don't know why". I'll tell you why. It's because you're thick as faeces. Don't try to be "clever" with the word Negroes when what you meant was, er, black people.

Fair enough they were removed from the party. But, a single-issue party, which UKIP basically is, is always going to be a magnet for Nazis. So you might imagine careful vetting is appropriate. Not the sort of careful vetting that sees ex-National Front members speaking for the party.

Bigotry is probably my number one hatred. It's even worse than compact discs (if you don't get that, don't ask).

I'm actually really disappointed. Because this country needs a credible third option.

Love Farage in the EU parliament. His correct assertion that the institution is completely undemocractic and a Very Bad Thing.

Nigel, you're letting people down so badly. Or, perhaps, more accurately, you're letting a bunch of Nazis let you and the rest of the country down.

We need someone credible to make these points and form that opposition. It's such a shame it's not you.