House Price Crash Forum

The Express has really been the bears' friend these past couple of weeks. The problem is, the Express has been bearish for so long on house prices, everyone will dismiss them as cranks who cried wolf once too often. If we see this from the other major media providers(I'm not holding my breath) then the message would really reach a wide cross-section of the population. The day The Times runs a house price crash story is the day pigs grow wings.

The Express has really been the bears' friend these past couple of weeks. The problem is, the Express has been bearish for so long on house prices, everyone will dismiss them as cranks who cried wolf once too often. If we see this from the other major media providers(I'm not holding my breath) then the message would really reach a wide cross-section of the population. The day The Times runs a house price crash story is the day pigs grow wings.

Don't worry, it's all good. I feel the Sun may be saving up their HPC stories for the run up to the election in an effort to cause maximum damage to NuLab.

The Times is running this story in the business section today:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1317353,00.html

What we should all do,

Copy the front page of the Express on A3 and fly post them on every estate agents window across the UK :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe then the mass retarded percentage of the UK will see it!

Rather than " Really great rental returns, invest only £150,000 on a 1 bed chav pad, if your late you lose...... blah blah blah"

"Great for first time buyer, Invest in this do'er up'er in the middle of a council estate near you, great community -drugs, guns, whores and even the odd drive by, fantastic price at only £160,000"

Most of the british population are so thick they would struggle to get in to a special school :lol::lol::lol:

The Times is running this story in the business section today:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1317353,00.html

great link

i especially liked the following exerpt from john butler HSBC

"It is hard to know whether this is the beggining of the end but while the threat lingers the mpc is likely to stay on hold ,concerned it has finally burst the bubble "

"THAT IT WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN BUILDING"

bitchy or what mr butler, this is what we want to see,let these guys get up each others noses as much as possible we are in for a hell of a lot of "its your fault" no "its your fault" as the slide becomes more obvious to the uninformed herd FEAR as has been mentioned many times is the key

A quote from the Guardian online,

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said its latest research found that the proportion of its members reporting price falls was the highest for nine years.

The National Association of Estate Agents said house prices had fallen for the fourth month in a row, adding that the market "is clearly now showing signs of the correction we have been predicting all year".

These latest surveys follow data indicating that after five interest rate rises, the housing market has come off the boil.

Both organisations insisted a full-blown crash was not on the cards.