House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Bunny

Odey Says Its All Over

China is also losing its competitive edge as minimum wages rise at 15% a year. Such increases are needed to keep housing more or less affordable for workers arriving in the big cities, Odey argues. “If you stop the 15% you have two and a half years of excess housing stock … and you probably also have revolution because people now expect that wages grow by 15%.”

Except China has stamped on its property speculators, well did for a while, if they know what is in their long term interests and competitiveness they will do so again.

Weve been talking about all of this on here for years. What has he said thats in any way new?

1. Pettis has been talking about Chinas slowing growth for 5 years. They have to raise domestic demand. Thats good news (for the dollar too obviously)

2. Of course Germany will have to write off peripheral debt. Ive been posting that for 5 years also to most peoples apparent annoyance. Thats his great insight? Really?

3. Australia is f*cked. Oh well.

4. ECB are only just cranking up their QE. Weve a couple of trillion to come by the time theyve finished now nobody pays much attention to Buba any more.

5. Currency wars, capital controls, collapse of Russia, hot wars......yep, were all over that too.

Edited by R K

Guest Jemmy Button

Who is this Odey bloke/woman/thing. Never heard of him/her/it. There's so many of these expert whizzkids nowadays, one loses track somewhat. Personally, I think they are all full of sh1t and you'd be better off asking that loner-type bloke sat on his own at the pub. That bloke being me of course...

Edited by Jemmy Button

Who is this Odey bloke/woman/thing. Never heard of him/her/it. There's so many of these expert whizzkids nowadays, one loses track somewhat. Personally, I think they are all full of sh1t and you'd be better off asking that loner-type bloke sat on his won at the pub. That bloke being me of course...

odie_by_dead82-d1275z0.jpg

Who is this Odey bloke/woman/thing. Never heard of him/her/it. There's so many of these expert whizzkids nowadays, one loses track somewhat. Personally, I think they are all full of sh1t and you'd be better off asking that loner-type bloke sat on his won at the pub. That bloke being me of course...

Thought you were talking to me then. Look, I am waving at you. I have a new friend.

Guest Jemmy Button

Thought you were talking to me then. Look, I am waving at you. I have a new friend.

Mine's a pernod and black TMT! :)

Yeah he's a nobody. Manages only £9Bns and married to a Hambro

I know this may sound like a silly question... but when someone like him goes mostly to cash... where does he put his cash? Is he worried about the 85K bank guarantee?

On a more serious note, if he merely moving to cash now as he anticipates some kind of intermediate cycle low soon which will allow him a better in?

Guest Jemmy Button

Yeah he's a nobody. Manages only £9Bns and married to a Hambro

Good for him!

I don't think you are allowed to say that nowadays.

Hehe!

Edited by Jemmy Button

...it will be a downturn that will be remembered in 100 years.

Odey's that HPC poster ***** whatsis name from 2000 ;)

He doesn't even mention the destructive and incompetent LibLabCon.

Edited by billybong

On a more serious note, if he merely moving to cash now as he anticipates some kind of intermediate cycle low soon which will allow him a better in?

Bonds. Gilts if sufficiently bearish.