House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erat_forte

Highland Titles

The former.

Though I'm fine with it as with selling English titles, stupid people only have a limited amount of money so if they're wasting it on that rubbish they're less likely to have the money to buy a bling 4x4.

þegn of Glamis and þegn of Cawdor?

Damn, that lowbrow bard fellow dumbed down the spelling.

That is the first time I have seen the Runic letter thorn typed on a computer. Clearly you know something I do not.

The former.

Though I'm fine with it as with selling English titles, stupid people only have a limited amount of money so if they're wasting it on that rubbish they're less likely to have the money to buy a bling 4x4.

He's not even selling titles though. "Laird of..." is no more a title than "jedi ...."

And if a person buys a 4x4 at least the money goes into paying engineers, manual workers, designers. Rather than channel island shell charity trustees.

He's not even selling titles though. "Laird of..." is no more a title than "jedi ...."

And if a person buys a 4x4 at least the money goes into paying engineers, manual workers, designers. Rather than channel island shell charity trustees.

Are you saying that Jack Douglas was not really the Duke of Earl?

films-1975-carry-on-behind.jpg

Anyone following the Highland Titles story? An intruiging way to exploit people's greed and ignorance through property or a genuine and honest service?

https://loveandgarbage.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/i-cant-believe-its-not-ownership-or-the-curious-tale-of-highland-titles-selling/

I'm all for it. Anything that debases our Ruritainian feudal system of titles, and enables riffraff to swan about and generally bring the concept of aristocracy into disrepute, is a good thing.

And also it means petty snobs are paying for ridiculous worthless plots, and when they pompously announce in a restaurant that they are a Laird or Lady, the kitchen staff will spit in their soup.

þegn of Glamis and þegn of Cawdor?

Damn, that lowbrow bard fellow dumbed down the spelling.

That looks Icelandic. Still the top right end bit of Scawtland is more Norse than Gaelic.

I can't say I am all that worked up by it all. Anyone who such a pompous tit as to want to be called 'Laird' deserves to be fleeced.

Are you not Thane of Mitcham? :huh:

I am the Emperor of Newport Pagnell and it's Dominions Overseas!

I your capitol is twinned with Gurt Clodney! And Eisenhuttenstadt!

Now I understand why all the posts in this thred made no sense to me. I read the title as Highland Tities.

You are now getting the drift of off-topic! :unsure:

I thought it was Highland Tiles, and I now want tartan thistles on my bathroom wall! :wacko: