House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
m0nk3ee

Liverpool Launches Private Landlord Licences

The new rules, which will cover up to 50,000 lets, require private landlords to hold a licence, which will cost upwards of £400, from 1 April.

Oh dear, that £400+ will have to be passed on to the tenant.

:lol:

Would this lead to an influx of former rented homes put on the market for sale?

No.

If anything it will just lead to a bigger pension burden at the local council.

They don't need to licence landlords - just deal with the shite ones better. Seriously mad to register all. Spend some money on a cheap local media campaign to report bad landlords WHEN courts don't allow revenge evictions.

But I do think tenant awareness is key to solving the appalling landlord issue.

They don't need to licence landlords - just deal with the shite ones better. Seriously mad to register all. Spend some money on a cheap local media campaign to report bad landlords WHEN courts don't allow revenge evictions.

That will be never then.

Applicants for the five-year licence will be checked to see if they are "a fit and proper person", a spokesman said.

The process will include investigating if they have a history of "convictions for dishonesty, violence or drugs or contraventions of housing laws", he said.

Landlords will also have to meet health and safety guidelines and be seen to be "keeping the exterior in a good state of repair and dealing with complaints about anti-social behaviour caused by tenants", he added.

Those without a licence could be fined up to £5,000 and see their properties taken over by the council until an alternative licensed landlord is found.

Excellent state theft of property?

So £400 if you have one property for a 5 year period? I really don't think this is the answer unless you work in the council and want to generate some cash. This has nothing to do with improving living conditions for tenents but a way of generating millions in revenue for the council. 10000 landlords at £400 a go brings in £4m in ready cash, anyone like to guess what they'll charge in 5 years? Plus how much of this money will actually get put back into the rented properties?

So £400 if you have one property for a 5 year period? I really don't think this is the answer unless you work in the council and want to generate some cash. This has nothing to do with improving living conditions for tenents but a way of generating millions in revenue for the council. 10000 landlords at £400 a go brings in £4m in ready cash, anyone like to guess what they'll charge in 5 years? Plus how much of this money will actually get put back into the rented properties?

Anything that puts people off BTL is ok in my book. Besides, it looks like the future of taxation is going to be on property because property cannot be hidden or moved abroad.

Landlords only exist because of the state theft of 'property' by previous governments. The taxes raised by landlords on the land they govern

is entirely spent on themselves.

Even if the council wastes 99% of the money they take, they are doing better. And if you don't like it, you get to vote on it.

If the democratic bit of local government takes money from the feudal bit of local government then that is a small victory for democracy, however poor that democracy is. The non-state private sector has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any of this, and is entirely unaffected.

All this reaction really shows, is just how effective it has been for feudalists to camouflage themselves as entrepreneurial businesses. A thousand years of history says this is ********.

Landlords only exist because of the state theft of 'property' by previous governments. The taxes raised by landlords on the land they govern

is entirely spent on themselves.

Even if the council wastes 99% of the money they take, they are doing better. And if you don't like it, you get to vote on it.

If the democratic bit of local government takes money from the feudal bit of local government then that is a small victory for democracy, however poor that democracy is. The non-state private sector has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any of this, and is entirely unaffected.

All this reaction really shows, is just how effective it has been for feudalists to camouflage themselves as entrepreneurial businesses. A thousand years of history says this is ********.

Couldn't agree more.

If the 'market' is unable to professionalise the PRS then bring on the State.

Of course the State won't either but if threat of 'regulation' can deter more wannabe feudalists then so much the better.

Guest Jemmy Button

Good. Landlords - ALL OF THEM - are utter vermin. The more pressure on these 'it's me pension innit' bunch of toerag/slumlord utter bastards, the better. There is no such thing as a 'good' landlord - they are the modern day slave owners and THEY OWN YOU. Never forget that.

Good - begin the shakedown - and even better if it does lead to a few improvements in housing standards - from those landlords feasting on the benefits system.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/201440-another-btl-success-story/page-2

Vicki, 51, of Uxbridge, west London, said: “I knew I didn’t want to be dependent on the state for the rest of my life.

Vicki now lives with a new partner and they own a string of homes in the city which are rented to people on benefits.

'I now have twenty-two properties, with a couple in London although the bulk of my portfolio is in Liverpool.'

Ah Liverpool. That great city which has a huge demand for property.

Maybe she's diversified by buy stuff in South Bank, Middlesbrough?

'My exact net worth in monetary terms is irrelevant, I am rich in so many ways, with my two daughters, my partner Bob – a real saint – of 15 years, life experience, my friends and family. I am able to do what I love and am passionate about. The money is just the cherry on the icing on the cake. I have never lost perspective of what’s important which is, and always been, my family. That’s the biggest lesson I’ve learnt of all.”'

I take it that her net worth is negative then.

Sounds like she bought a load of crappy Northern social housing and is now trying to make money by getting people to pay for her to tell them how she maid million$$$$$$$.

' “House prices in the South East are extremely high, compared with the amount of rent you can charge,” she explains. “If I bought a place in Uxbridge, say, it would cost me £300,000 and I could probably charge £500 per room per month, for rent. In Liverpool I can buy a place for £120,000 and charge £460 per room per month.”'

Balls to both those figures esp. the Liverpool one. For no other reason as the values are too high for LHA.